ASVAB Points Waiver??
Create Post

ASVAB Points Waiver??

The job I wanted is MV-22 crew chief and the ASVAB score needed is MM 105. However, I have a MM score of 101. Is there like a 4 point waiver i can get?Any help is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by OahuGrown808OG View Post
    The job I wanted is MV-22 crew chief and the ASVAB score needed is MM 105. However, I have a MM score of 101. Is there like a 4 point waiver i can get?Any help is greatly appreciated.
    lol. That's funny. A 4 point Waiver. No. Ask you recruiter to let you re-take the test. That's like losing the superbowl and asking for a 7 point waiver. No free touchdowns.

Credits
    Savings
    I would have to agree with Scar, I have never heard of an ASVAB waiver. The best thing that you can do is study, learn from the mistakes you made last time and retake the test.

I have never heard of a 4-point waiver. However, a lot of jobs allow for a 3-point waiver. Not too positive, but I believe that a few jobs might even allow for a 5-point waiver. But again not too positive about the 5-point waiver. But also keep in mind that there a few jobs that you can not get a point waiver for. The best you can do is talk to your recruiter. They should have a big binder with job information. The information doesn't really include a job description, but more of the requirements, point waivers, if there are any signing bonuses and length of contract.

But if your job doesn't allow for the waiver or you can not get one, then you will just have to take the ASVAB again, and prepare a little bit better. That way you can get the score you require. But again, just talk to your recruiter about it. Since they obviously will know more than myself or any other Poolee.

But can I retake the ASVAB even though I already took the oath? Also i still need to finish High School so nothings set in stone yet right?

Quote Originally Posted by OahuGrown808OG View Post
    But can I retake the ASVAB even though I already took the oath? Also i still need to finish High School so nothings set in stone yet right?

Like JC8701 said, you're recruiter will know a lot more about this than poolees would. I've never heard of any sort of point waiver. Whenever someone at my RS failed the test or wanted a better score, they simply re-tested. I don't know if you taking the oath would DQ you from being able to take the ASVAB again but I doubt it. Still, ask your recruiter...than again, maybe some poolee on this site has insight about this.

you can retake it as far as I know and I have seen somthing that talks sbbout a 3 point waiver but the marine porps is actually scaling back right now so if there is someone more qualified than you they will give it to them rather than waivering someone in

I asked my recruiter the other day and he said i would have to discharge if i wanted to retake the ASVAB. Then I talked to a GySgt recruiter and he told me to ask the RSS Honolulu recuriter. Im all confused now

woops posted it twice

damm posted it again my computer is broken

Thread Information