Need help convincing
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Need help convincing

Hey everybody,

Well, I currently go to college, and I am in the NROTC (Marine Option) as a college programmer. For people who are not familiar with the college program, it is just the same thing as being in NROTC, but without the scholarship. Well with these two years gone by, I really feel like this whole Marine Officer thing may not really be for me (and I also think I won't be getting that scholarship). I have been put in small leadership roles and screwed some of them up, but I know that natural, but I believe that I should start from the bottom and work my way up. I really want to enlist, but when I told my dad this decision, he flipped. He is a former Marine, so I kind of understand where he is getting at where there is a big difference between how officer's and enlisted men are treated. I understand that i can make decisions on my own, but I really want to make my dad see that enlisting is the way for me. So if anyone could help me out, I would appreciate it.

V/R
    Johnpsmith84

Where is my rolleyes smiley and popcorn...and WMarine while you're at it...please.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Where is Lisa ???

Hell if I know Rocky...I'm still waiting.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    Here I am.......
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by polizei
    Where is my rolleyes smiley and popcorn

Now...how about filling out all of your profile so the Marines who are going to answer your questions, know who they are talking to ....and you may also want to read the site rules in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums while you're at it.

Sorry bout that, I should have read the rules first

well....i have a couple of ideas of how to do so.....but can anyone give me some tips?

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    why do you need you need to convince your dad at all?....your an adult and can make your own decisions. I am sure no matter what route your choose he will be proud

I know that he'll be proud, because that is what he said, but what really got to me was he said he would be disappointed. Which is kinda weird since he said no matter what he'll be proud of me. Plus it has been in the back of my mind, and its hella annoying.

Your a man, not a grown man, you become grown when you begin to make your own decisions. If enlisting is for you, then you decide.

Granger hit the nail on the head. If its in your heart to be a Marine then sign the paperwork....

Enlist then you can go the officer route if you choose. You must follow before you can lead. Gaining experience as an enlisted man will make you a more effective officer.

Thread Information