Pre-Enlistment Workout?
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Pre-Enlistment Workout?

Hey all, I have yet to make my final decision on if I want to join the marines or not (my heart is set on joining but I'd hate to leave in the middle of my parents getting divorced). I'm 20 years old and in alright shape (about 6'3/175lbs), I ran the other day after not running for 2+ years and I was able to go 1.5 miles in boots.
    I'm going to spend the next month at the gym and running at least 5 days a week and then make my decision about talking to a recruiter in mid December.

Does anybody have any suggestions on a workout schedule before even talking to a recruiter (mainly for running)? Ideally I want to be able to at least jog 3 miles in boots before talking to a recruiter. I'm not all that concerned about my physical strength, after a month of working out last year I was able to rep my body weight on the bench. I guess what I am getting at is that I want to ensure I am great shape before I even talk to a recruiter so any tips/advice would be great!

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Have you read any of the information in the Poolee Hall or Ask A Marine through a search of this topic?

There is info on here that maybe helpful.

As far as your parents go and getting divorced.....what is there that you can do besides offer support....be there in small doses....and YOU go about your life and let them do what they have to do.

If you are trying to stay because of a violent relationship and you are there for protection...you should pull back and let the authorities handle it unless it turns abusive enough to save a life....then let the authorities and system take over afterward.

What I am trying to say without knowing your sitrep....or family relationship..whether you are there or not is not really going to effect the outcome...they are living their life...live yours.

Mom...Dad....are going to do what they have to do ....if your there....or if your not.....and you don't need to be in the middle or try to be a counselor.

I'm a grunt......but I could accomplish a mission from a far...by calling in arty or close air support.....After boot camp....telephone and email.....if you left and there was an emergency that you needed to get back home...depending on how serious or the circumstances...That YOU are needed...The Marine Corps and chaplain should work with you.....but not really so in divorce cases of a third party.

As far as running....someone may give you tips.....but let your fingers do the running and search this topic.

Good luck!

jesus, 20 years old and worried about mommy and daddy's divorce? There are worse things in the world than that. Do you still breast feed from your mom too? Im sorry but this generation of youth is a bunch of f*cking pussies worried about everything but their own carrer. If you want to become a Marine quit focusing on others and focus on you. You sound mentally weak. What would you do if you were in combat and Mommy got re married or the divorce happend then? Would you quit? would you cry and become a mental disaster risking the lives of all your Marines in combat because you couldnt get over minor issues back home? Those are real life things you need to think about. Become a Marine because you want the honor and glory and to better your life, because you want to become the best. You are 20 and not getting younger. Get motivated and make somthing of yourself or keep worrying about stupid divorces and keep holding back your life.

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Every time someone asks a simple question, you are right there to belittle them and drag them down. Why? to boost yourself up?
    Have a little f... understanding and compassion, you act like your're playing DI all the time. Go to DI school and become a real one, not an Internet wannabe DI

thats not being a DI. Thats called being real. You may want to coddle your kids or others, I dont. The same sh*t you are going to here from me face to face. Gets to the point and makes it real. It is about the chance of being in combat, it is about your survival and your Marines. Its the same stuff I tell poolees at our local meets. They understand it, it hits home. It makes them want to put down the video game controller and get real when they hear that. Its about sucking it up and becoming the person you want to be and not being held back because of a female, normal family problems etc. Too many Marines go UA or screw their career up because of simple issues they cant handle. I dont expect him or others not to be compassionate, but you have to learn to adapt especially since he may want to join the Marine Corps.

Thread Information