"Blues Jacket"
Create Post

Thread: "Blues Jacket"

"Blues Jacket"

Hello Marines.

I looking for one these (sans the belt), I dont and will not want to put it on and walk around town as it is now, I dont mimic or pose as anything but myself. I am looking for one that has no patches, buttons ETC on it. In fact I want the style. SA has nothing for me here....I looked. I wanna die it black and put silver buttons on. I wanted to get married in a jacket of this style, Hell I wanna wear it as a suit. Old school I know, but still very smart and stylish. Can any of you help? Military clothing is made stronger than the civilian cloths.

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    There should be a ton of help coming on this one, Shannon L.....

What size are you looking for??

I never knew the regulations on items like this. I'm 6" 34-36 inch waist. Slender build.
    How much do they cost?

Blues Jacket

If you can find an officers jacket it has no red piping on it

Okay then. Who do I speak to? Site? I dont think I can drop an email to a base somewhere...If I went to the Embassy here in SA, would I be able to organise something?

Credits
    Savings
    The Beatles wore Neru Jackets ,, Have at it youngster

I'd hit one up on ebay that's your size. Even if it has the patches on it, you can easily remove those. The piping will be another matter, I'd personally leave it on.

If it comes with buttons, you can, if you are willing to pay and can find someone to do it, get them done in silver.

One word of warning here, however..these jackets are NOT built for comfort. Let me say that again, as someone whose worn one for duty purposes...they are NOT comfortable. Hot in the summertime (oppressively so) and cold in the winter. The neck/collar will itch and scratch and get on your nerves quick. If tailored correctly, you'll not be able to take a 'deep' breath as long as you are in it.

You've been warned

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    I'd hit one up on ebay that's your size. Even if it has the patches on it, you can easily remove those. The piping will be another matter, I'd personally leave it on.

If it comes with buttons, you can, if you are willing to pay and can find someone to do it, get them done in silver.

One word of warning here, however..these jackets are NOT built for comfort. Let me say that again, as someone whose worn one for duty purposes...they are NOT comfortable. Hot in the summertime (oppressively so) and cold in the winter. The neck/collar will itch and scratch and get on your nerves quick. If tailored correctly, you'll not be able to take a 'deep' breath as long as you are in it.

You've been warned
    Thank you for the heads up. As for confort I'll have the issues taken care of. I'll check ebay...

I'm with Sgt Leprechaun on this one. It may be easier to have a jacket made in the style rather than attempting to modify an actual Blues jacket. That said you have great taste in formal wear.

Thread Information