Question for our Docs - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Osotogary View Post
    DrZ.- I am not a Doctor nor a Marine but the father of one. I have had a swollen bursa sac ( darned thing looked like a water balloon) on the elbow as a result of my practice of Judo on a couple of occasions. The website link that I have located for you is, I think , easy to understand. Now, as I type I was just recently informed that I have bursitis in my hips, making me a chicken without springs but...that is nether here nor there. Check out this link. Perhaps it will tell you what you already know but, then again?? All the best to you.
    http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cy...w/bursitis.htm
    Gary
    ..........AH Judo-the father of Ju-Jitsu-son of AKI-Jutsu-son of Steven Seagul's-Aik-ido-You practice a fine art.I myself have Osteo-Phrosis-Imagine me getting Ipon Se Neggi-on Asphalt.Not a pretty sight.The Bursa sac -gets irritated and produces fluid.How's your salt intake?-Salt makes the body retain fluids -but you maybe lacking some nutrients-and this maybe a auto-immune symptom.It's possible-She-han.Check this out.I love the Kan-sen-su-waza-techniques-but Kempo is also most deadly-almost....Samar-ii Sen-si.

Not a bad article-to read=but when you have a chronic-condition with the fluid build-up-there is usually some kind of irritant-that is causing it.The Radio-graph will show the damage-and you'll take it from there.This beats-Web MD.

Quote Originally Posted by Osotogary View Post
    Did you ever see, The Bride of Frankenstein? You needed to be an electrician to get all the equipment to work. Being an electrician is good, especially when linked to science and medicine. Glad that you liked the link.
    Adios, for now.
    Gary
    .........before I cowardly-joined the Navy-I was an electronic-assembler-The Navy recruiter-said-Interested in Electrical Engineering-NO-Problem-You'll get it.I got it all right-6 years active duty -for Electronics-I didn't want to do more than four years active duty-to stay out of Vietnam.So I became a Doc-I coul'da been a Marine-but being a Corpsman-made up for it.I experienced life and death at the same moment-I was where I should have been.At a CrapTable in a War-doing what I was meant to do.Did My Marines-come before me?-You better believe it-God Strike me dead if it's not true........Ask Dr Greek-same sacrifice except he had more Guts than me.Adios me er Mano-(Bye now my brother).......

In our teaching clinic, we use ultrasound for these types of pain symptoms, which works really great to reduce inflammation and pain. Try a chiropractor. If you are near Kansas City, PM me and let's talk. Semper Fi, Tom

Bursitis?

Hey Marine,

If all this free medical advice fails, (and I suspect it will) try holding your beer in the right hand...lol!

Just a thought.

Doc Tobin

LOL. Once they get to the bottom of the pain source then they will be able to properly treat it. Hang in there Marine and don't drop your beer.

Went for a followup with the MD. The swelling has gone down and they gave me some new scripts to take it the rest of the way. When it is completely down, THEN they will schedule some XRays which seems a bit AzzBackwards to me. I don't know but at least it doesn't hurt as much.

AND.... the only way a Marine drops his beer is in support of his brother and sister Marines and ANY Devil Doc!

Thanks for your support and followup.

That bis the proper way to do it. The swelling could be caused by fluids and swolllen tissues. The swelling needs to go so nothing gets in the way of the pictures they will take.

Quote Originally Posted by pyquijano7 View Post
    That bis the proper way to do it. The swelling could be caused by fluids and swolllen tissues. The swelling needs to go so nothing gets in the way of the pictures they will take.
    ......The X-Rays Go Right Through The Fluid- especially through the elbow-this is not abdominal ascites-where the belly is so-distended with fluid-that a really heavy lumbar- spine-technique has to be used.It will show-Doc Tobin-anything can be found out-these days.Medicine is easy-easier than it appears-so don't despair-Speaking of holding a beer in the right hand I'll go with that any time.Cant have any beer right now-On Amoxicillin-for three dental-implants -at this moment.Gonna get four teeth-price only $15,500.00 dollars-if I had 20% more -compensation-I could qualify for free dental-at the VA. That's the way it rolls for me-Not gonna happen-Cash on Delivery -that's what my Dentists say.I have two of them for implants.Now they are looking at two-implants for the upper front left maxilla.....Wonderful-this is only $6,500-$7000 dollars-There goes all my Emergency-Exit-money.Implants are very expensive-I need teeth in my mouth-so I may have to go back to work-real time- real soon.

Not going to argue with an HM3. But what other reason would the doctor not take the xray.

Sounds like gout to me! I'm no Doc but I get the same thing every once in a while in the elbow and ankle. When it's swollen if just touching the skin is painful I'd look up gout and see if it is applicable.

Quote Originally Posted by pyquijano7 View Post
    Not going to argue with an HM3. But what other reason would the doctor not take the xray.
    -Not a question-to argue-with an HM3-? Ask all the questions you want-that's what-"We" want to hear.Catch us in an error if you can-This is not a game to me-This is life and death issues-that may come up-I'm in-That's not what this was about.I was an x-ray tech for forty years-Edema,swelling,pain-these are reasons to take a radiograph-not, not to take an x-ray under these circumstances.Some one mentioned-Gout-This is high uric acid in the blood.This can be found out on a blood-chemistry test-very simply.So no Argument-let's see the result.Let's get to it.....More feed back then. Happy Birthday to the Marines-there's no better Warriors in the World."We Who Are About To Die Salute-You"-Nobody does it better-Nobody-Be Proud Marines-This is Your Day-Save me a piece of that pumpkin pie-Best Wishes to you All-Semper FI---my Brothers-Be Safe-those in harms way-God Bless You and God Protect you and bring you home safe-Amen.

Dear Chief Pyquijano-I see you have a lot of college-Is Nursing your specialty?Did you do-Surgical Intensive Care?Do you have a 4 year Nursing Degree?-or are your studies more advanced?Since your an E7 and still in the service-does this affect your free time?You say your a Pacific Islander-Do you know the Rock?from the American Somoa Islands; I forgot his real name.He is gifted in all of life's - Sports.He is a winner and his confidence shines through him.He is the new-younger Arne-type.Arne will be back in the movies -in no time-Also-----------So that's about it Chief.We have HM1 DANH-that knows all about Corpsman schooling-and Navy Service Stuff here also.I hope to speak to you more in the future.Do you know Muey THI-Martial Art System?
    Be Well-Be Safe-Take care of your baby-Enjoy your free time-Chief.......Roger out

i

It' really HM1 DanM-I believe-sorry......see my memory isn't - that good.........Carry on.....By the way -Wayne Rogers is the Rock's name......

Last edited by HM3 Doc Wilder; 11-10-10 at 11:52 PM. Reason: forgot omething

Quote Originally Posted by HM3 Doc Wilder View Post
    It' really HM1 DanM-I believe-sorry......see my memory isn't - that good.........Carry on.....By the way -Wayne Rogers is the Rock's name......
    .............No it's Dwaine Johnson....first name maybe spelled wrong.Happy Veteran's Day...........a few hours ago

Thread Information