Went to the recruiter
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings

Went to the recruiter

So I drove to the recruiting station with my buddy on Friday (60 mile drive) and the Marine recruiter was out of town for some reason. Luckily I was able to talk to a Navy recruiter and fill out a card that he said he would give to the Marine recruiter went he gets back. Of course the Navy recruiter wanted us to join the Navy instead...

My question is what are the chances that I'll get a call back from the recruiter with the economies situation? I know that the Marines only want those that are serious, so I am unsure if the recruiter will pursue me like the Army and Navy have. I want to be a Marine more than anything.

Here's a good idea.....keep leaving messages to let him KNOW you're serious about becoming a Marine.....at least to have him call you back to scare the crap outta you with the details......LOL...!! The Corps always needs Marines....no matter what the economy is doing.....

Credits
    Savings
    Will do, I made sure to get an extra card so I would have his cell just in case. Really the biggest thing I was worried about was that the Navy would spam my phone. I've lost 90 lbs. to not only get qualified, but to make it easier to handle the harder boot.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    How is your laundry list....

Have you graduated from highschool or are you going to graduate with a diploma?

How is your medical situation?

Have you been PT'ing and getting in shape?

The Marines are very selective nowadays.....you have to be of the right mindset and frame of mind to join with a fairly clean slate....waivers are hard to come by.

Even though it is sixty miles away....call....then go see....the recruiter....for a face to face.....

If you become a Marine you will put more miles than sixty on a career or few years that could last a lifetime.

Good luck!

Credits
    Savings
    I have my Diploma and about 40 college credits. As far as I know I do not have any medical problems and I PT regularly. I've never had a ticket in my life, but I have smoked marijuana and I am still struggling with quitting smoking tobacco, but I'll get it.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    but I have smoked marijuana
    Did you get busted....or are you just admitting past transgressions?

TRY.....

But I would say make those sixty miles count and go speak with the MARINE recruiter this time face to face.

This is a busy world.....recruiters are busy....

If you want to be a Marine.....go for the initiave and go see a recruiter and lay out your package before he can lay out his.

Credits
    Savings
    No I have never been busted for anything, not even a speeding ticket, but I am going to let the recruiter know.

Thank you for the advice Marine, that is exactly my intentions.

If you haven't been busted, And you've quit to BE a Marine... MJ is history... the past.. not the future..

Quote Originally Posted by Taviah View Post
    No I have never been busted for anything, not even a speeding ticket, but I am going to let the recruiter know.

Thank you for the advice Marine, that is exactly my intentions.
    If you've never been busted and you don't smoke it anymore, IT NEVER HAPPENED!

Do you have any tattoos? the corps policy is getting stricter and stricter each year.

Credits
    Savings
    No Tattoos yet. I plan to eventually but I have no reason for any yet and do not have the intentions till years from now. I won't get any that really will show that also do not have meaning for the rest of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Taviah View Post
    No Tattoos yet. I plan to eventually but I have no reason for any yet and do not have the intentions till years from now. I won't get any that really will show that also do not have meaning for the rest of my life.
    Good keep it that way. If you do enlist and stay in or even get out of the Military you will realize why the corps wants it this way.

sorry the recruiter didnt check with you before you left on your 60 mile drive........ i sure hell would have called first...... then again "he was out of town FOR SOME REASON." the reason might be====== say at HQMC at a brief --the brief was prob about getting high quality applicants and not garbage.... im just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    go for the initiave and go see a recruiter and lay out your package before he can lay out his.
    Um, what?

Credits
    Savings
    I assumed he was at MEPS as he was in Salt Lake City, but I am unsure. That is just what the Navy recruiter told me.

Thread Information