About Rocky C
About Rocky C
- First Name:
- Last Name:
- Do you own a business?:
- Where did you attend bootcamp?:
- MCRD Parris Island
- What date did you graduate bootcamp?:
- 13 September 1977
- What was your bootcamp platoon number?:
- A Company Platoon 1072
- Duty Stations:
- NTTC- Pensacola, Florida.
2nd Marine Division, Camp Lejeune, North Carolina.
TAD All over the World.
- Year Entered Marine corps:
- Year Exited Marine Corps:
- Favorite Duty Station:
- Pensacola, Florida.
- Favorite Marine:
- Sergeant Major Harold G. Overstreet-12th Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps
- Military Biography:
- Top Secret Security Clearance - Cryptologic Communications 2621 / 2531
- Current City:
- Providence, RI
- Current State:
- Rhode Island
- Home State:
- Rhode Island
- Zodiac Sign:
- Colleges Attended:
- University of Parris Island !!!
- Family, Leatherneck.com, Marine Mentor, Helping Marines, Veterans Advocate, Computers, Cryptology, Martial Arts, Sports, Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, Women, Working On My House
- Favorite Quote:
- " It is what it is "...
- Favorite Color:
- Favorite Movie:
- My Blue Heaven ( Steve Martin )
- Favorite Book:
- Why Marines Fight by James Brady
.... . / ..-. . .-- --..-- - .... . / .--. .-. --- ..- -.. --..-- - .... . / -- .- .-. .. -. . ... .-.-.-
All Marine, All The Time...
Showing Friends 551 to 560 of 2,882
View Rocky C's Blog
- The certainty of proper performance of duty.
- Creating a favorable impression in carriage, appearance and personal conduct at all times.
- The mental quality that recognizes fear of danger or criticism, but enables a man to proceed in the face of it with calmness and firmness.
- Ability to make decisions promptly and to announce them in clear, forceful manner.
- The mental and physical stamina measured by the ability to
"From its beginning in 1915, the receiving barracks has been located in a number of places on Parris Island.
The initial receiving barracks was located at the old state of South Carolina quarantine station which stood on Ballast Creek where the Depot's club "Traditions' is located today.
During World War Two and Korea receiving was conducted at Building 145 in the Headquarters and Service Battalion Barracks complex.
In 1964 the facility was moved
The National Anthem
The Star-Spangled Banner
Oh, say, can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, thro' the perilous fight'
O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming.
And the rockets red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
Oh, say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave
The History of Flag Day - June 14th
The Fourth of July was traditionally celebrated as America's birthday, but the idea of an annual day specifically celebrating the Flag is believed to have first originated in 1885. BJ Cigrand, a schoolteacher, arranged for the pupils in the Fredonia, Wisconsin Public School, District 6, to observe June 14 (the 108th anniversary of the official adoption of The Stars and Stripes) as 'Flag Birthday'. In numerous magazines and newspaper articles