PI Platoon 336 Jan-Mar 67

PI Platoon 336 Jan-Mar 67

1. advanced
    advanced
    Well, I'll start. I stood on those yellow footprints around the 18th or so of Jan 67. Training during this time had been shortened to 8 weeks, plus the 5 days or so of forming prior to training.

My platoon was the 1st in our series of 3 platoons. We started with 96 recruits, dropped about 50 and with pickups we graduated 90. We had 5 DI's, Senior was GySgt Lindsey so they called us Lindsey's Raiders. We graduated the end of March 67, platoon 336 then off to Camp Geiger for ITR, then leave, then MOS school.
  2. Hammer
    Hammer
    I went to PI at the end of July 1963, and graduated in November. There were no Yellow Footprints at that time. We went to recruit receiving, and was picked up by our DI's the next morning. My DI's was Staff Sgt.(Senior) GK Davis; Sgt. R McLaughlin; and Cpl,. NT Seiloff . I was in PLT 257; L Company; 2nd. Recruit Batallion. Boot camp was twelve weeks long. I owe my life to these men. I then went to Geiger for ITR, made it home for Christmas, hen to MOS school
  3. McT ontheRock71
    McT ontheRock71
    I took my oath for the Corps at 401 N. Broad Street in Philadelphia at 0900. I didn't hit Parris Island until approximately 0115 the next morning and remained awake until they were finished with us in the receiving barracks and we got our hair cuts about 0400. Later that day we received our initial issue, showered, packed our civies off to our families and were herded down Panama Street to our new home in the 2nd Battalion. Senior Drill Instructor was S/Sgt Harry Moten, A/DIs were S/Sgt. Parrish, Sgt.C. Tailor, and Sgt. H. Scott. I remember the bus ride up Hwy 17 to Camp Geiger after graduation. The bus driver took us right through the heart of Myrtle Beach SC. Wow, I saw a lot of women in bikinis in November.
  4. Rocky C
    Rocky C
    June, July and August. 13 weeks and 120 degrees in the shade. LOVED IT !!! Get some