Going to Oki... - Blogs - Marine Corps - USMC Community
View RSS Feed

GriffithMS

Going to Oki...

Rate this Entry
I am currently attending 3043 school at Camp Johnson, NC. I just got my orders saying that I'm going to 3rd Mar Div in Okinawa, Japan.
I don't know how I feel about being with the grunts just yet, I guess I'll see how it goes...
I was wondering if anyone could give me any information on what to expect, whether I go HQ, 3rd, 4th or 12th Reg., 3rd Recon or Combat Assault Btn.
I chose overseas as my preference, so I'm happy that I'm going to Oki, I just have NO idea what I'll be doing, so any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you kindly,
PFC Griffith
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

If I were you. Which, I'm not. I would go for Recon. Get through the endoc: and push yourself more so after. It'll be the best thing that you'll ever experience.
    I was with 1st and 2nd Anglico for almost all of my time in the Corps. My CO's would never give me the go ahead for Force Recon. They would only let us go TDY's.
    Anyway, You will become apart of an elite community of Force Recon, Recon, and Anglico Marines. You will do things that , Honedtly, Most Marines only get to dream of.
    Those Gold Wings and if can get Dual Cool with a Combat Diver Badge will get you a long way in the Corps if you play your cards right.
    Good luck.
    Ok
    First of all you'll arrive into Okinawa in Civies...you'll go to this place called JRC (like ELR on crack) for 4-7 days. Eventually they will get you into a large group and tell you where to go and if you have to wear alphas. I didn't have to...Okinawa's aight...hot though
    I'd choose recon. As a former recon Marine it gets no better. I was stationed at Camp Schwab and a tour in Viet nam. Semper Fi from and old Marine
    Updated 07-03-09 at 11:40 AM by cw2533 (add info)
    you will do fine just keep your self busy and try to safe some money, and do not go to the buy me a drink bar or the banana show..