crew chief - Blogs - Marine Corps - USMC Community
View RSS Feed

krazedmarine

crew chief

Rate this Entry
i was wondering if your could be a huey crew chief and still wear glasses? i have heard different things and recently heard that the rules changes and you could wear glasses now. also, i had a heat stroke and was wondering if that would DQ me for crew chief duty. i have been cleared for full duty by the docs. any info would be greatly appreciated.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

no it should not keep you from being a crew chief. it really depends on how bad you eye sight is to begin with.
    I had as my first assigned squadron HMT 301. My patch depicting the squadron was loned out to my brother n law in the early eighties. He lost it and i am trying to replace it with a patch from that era, 1974. Any one with some possible leads? The one he tried to replace it with does not resemble the original by any means.
    Yes you can wear glasses and be a crew chief. As far as the heat stroke goes, if you've been cleared by a doc for full duty thats fine, but you need clearenece from a flight surgeon to be flight status. And i dont see that being an issue, but bring it up as soon as possible