Boot Camp MCRD San Diego - Blogs - Marine Corps - USMC Community
View RSS Feed

JCast210

Boot Camp MCRD San Diego

Rate this Entry
I have a cousin who just enlisted into the Marine Corps and is currently in the DEP. I've been trying to help him as much as I can with any advice and answering any questions he may have, but I took a look at the new training matrix for boot camp and there seems to be several changes from when I went through boot camp in 2005. Now swim week is in Phase I and the Crucible is in Phase III right before Graduation week. It seems the recruits get their EGA's after the Cruicible now, opposed to on Visitors Thursday.

My question is, what is visitors thursday like now without the EGA ceremony?
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Swim week is still in phase II Corporal. It's probably better then it was when you are there, we got more respect because we were already Marines. But you know the Drill Instructors were still somewhat hard on us. Visitors thursday I went with my family all thru the Depot, we still couldn't leave the base and we had to be back in the barracks by 1800. After the Crucible we got our EGA's and then Marine week commenced. We paraded around like Hollywood Marines demonstrating by example what the phase I and II, III recruits will look and act like once they become Marines.