Combat Action Ribbon - Blogs - Marine Corps - USMC Community
View RSS Feed

CombatCorporal2

Combat Action Ribbon

Rate this Entry
I have recently changed duty stations. My problem is I have my CAR write-ups from my old command that were not sudmitted from either one of my Iraq deployments. They told us when we got back that most of our sudmissions and write-ups were lost and they would be re-written and sudmitted. Where does one go to sudmit these write-ups? I was blowm up by a land mine and shot and returned fire on a mounted patrol. Thanks for the help.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Try going to your S-1 shop and presening the problem to one of the administrative clerks there, preferably one who works in the awards section. If for some reason they are unable to answer your question ask to speak to the S-1 Admin Chief. If he can't help you I guarantee he can point you in the right direction. You will need your write-ups when you go. Your paperwork needs to be taken up the chain of command and the dates of the combat incident and your presence need to be verified. Once this is accomplished your administration shop should be able to begin processing the award but be advised this make take some time, especially with your recent change in duty stations.
    Thanks for the help. I will do that first thing.