devil dog not bad - Blogs - Marine Corps - USMC Community
View RSS Feed

ddfiend252

devil dog not bad

Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.
i know some of yall think the same as me and may have writen about it i think that "the new marine corps" is just some bull because they think that devil dog is the worst thing they could be called in their marine corps carrer devil dog is a great nick name for the worlds most feared fighting force we earned it and i where it proudly when i hear devil dog i think of the day i graduated bootcamp when my drill instructor called me a devil dog i felt so proud and i think these kids should not take it as a punishment but as a compliment thanks guys
cpl g
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I agree the term Devil Dog is a tremendous honor and should not be taken lightly. To be called a Devil Dog your body should swell with pride. However that when you have someone yelling at you because you f**ked up, and they call you a Devil Dog how are you going to take it? You are going to take it as a negative. In order to preserve the good title of Devil Dog we as Marines need to start using that term more in the right context, as a positive enforcer, not a negative one. It should be used to motivate Marines, not to correct them when they f**k-up, but when they do it right.
    To me , the term "DEVIL DOG" IS equivalent to being called a "MARINE" I am just as proud of both titles. DEVIL DOG is a name that brave marines before me fought for and died to earn and I am proud to be a MARINE and called a DEVIL DOG.Its disrespectful to our brothers and sisters to gave thier lives to intimidate and humble our opponents on a battle feild, for ANYONE not be proud of the name "DEVIL DOG". Whats next? will future marines not want to say "SEMPER FI"?
    the term "devil dog" is as great of an honor as the title United States Marine! The term Devil Dog was givin to the Marines in World War II because the Germans feared the Marines so bad they called them "Teufelhunden" or Devil Dog. If anyone thinks that this term is not a great honor then they do not have respect for the Marines that fought for it!
    "Devil Dog"A term only Marines use among eachother.No one else really understands.Does it really matter how and when the term is used? A true Marine will know!Marines, don't get caught up in all that suger coat'in S**t
    Devil Dog is EXACTLY what a Marine is in combat. Although
    in our Hymn we guard Heaven's gates, in combat, Marines have always brought our enemies Hell on Earth. THAT is why out of all US military departments, the US Marine Corps is feared the most throughout the world!
    You guys have to much time on your hands, get back to work!
    Using Devil Dog in negative way to correct a Marine who has ****ed up can also be a good thing. Hense reminding the Marine what title he holds and what it means to hold it. Therefore motitvating him to correct himself. I think it's something that could go both ways. When I heard that young Marines are saying they dont like this term it made me sick.
    i had one of those such Marines in my shop back in the states. she was a nasty, disgusting peice. she tried to tell everyone in the shop that they didnt teach her knowledge in bootcamp all they did was drill. and she would try and talk to everyone who outranked her as if they owed HER something. it was disgusting. so one day my gunny told me to take her outside and give her a counselling for disrespecting superior ranking enlisted marines, i.e myself, a sgt, a ssgt, and a gunny. "in my shop if you are a lance corporal or above you rate the respect and the junior marines are to say LCpl suchansuch, and then talk to us. well i took the young devil dog outside and proceeded to councel her, i remember at one point i said, PFC !!!!!!!, you need to act like the disciplined, motivated devil dog that you are expected to be. she looked at me dead serious and said "LCpl Frye, dont ever call me a devil dog again. i consider that degrading and uncalled for". Serious WTF? i was proud the moment i got called a devil dog for the first time, i remember it was in the 1st bn chow hall on parris island, during marine week, a 1st phase platoon was taking their trays out and we were taking our trays to the table when some of the 1st phasers cut us off in the middle of the line, the first phase platoons senior stopped the recruits who committed the offense and said look at these young devil dogs here, better stay the F*&k out of their way before they destroy your asses. it was one of the most memorable moments from the island