more - Blogs - Marine Corps - USMC Community
View RSS Feed

BigDAVE84

more

Rate this Entry
and I want everyone to know that I love the USMC with all my heart and I miss it more and more everyday, i just wish someone would see the light and make us seem like the bad ass war dogs that we are and not a bunch of fairies because "tattoos are terrible we don't want them in the corps" give me a break
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I do not think the issue is because a person has a couple of tatoos. I'm sure the issue is that the Corps does not want their Marines to look like they belong in carnival when they are in uniform.

When you were AD I guess you never heard that the Corps has regulations for tatoos. I am assuming that you got all tatooed up after leaving the Corps and now it looks like there are some regrets.

Don't blame the Corps for your mistakes.
    I understand where you are coming from completely, but unfortunately I got all of my tattoos before I even joined the Marine Corps, and got waivers to join the first time but was not allowed back in afterwards. Which too me just seems ignorant. It just hurts to know that I can't continue to serve my country on the basis that I have tattoos on my arms
    Maybe you screwed the pooch by getting out instead of re-enlisting after your first hitch. I'm guessing that the Corps regulations have changed since you were active the 1st time.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence.
    Guess not