Once a Marine always a Marine...????? - Blogs - Marine Corps - USMC Community
View RSS Feed

BigDAVE84

Once a Marine always a Marine...?????

Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.
just wanted to say how discusted I am that good Marines good Men are not allowed to serve their country because of their tattoos, There are 1000's of Marines who do drugs and whatever the hell else they can to avoid deployments and get out of being a Marine and those hard chargers who bust their ass for this country get the shaft. I picked up Sgt in 3 years never got in any trouble I got out of the Marines for 2 weeks and tried to re-enlist and was denied I have tried 3 more times since then. Thats bull**** sorry but when good men want to fight the good fight for their country but aren't allowed thats bogus. Someone needs to stand up for this crap and do something about it. I can't even join the freakin reserves. Once a Marine always a Marine right. WRONG. if you have tattoos no one wants you to be a Marine anymore
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Marine! I too tried and was turned away, but just because our government elects to not reenlist our services, changes nothing. ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE - refers to commoradery, faithfulness to espre de corps and to our selfs. No one can take that away from you but you. Semper Fi!
    I was a female marine recruit close to graduation, who suffered a few injuries without disclosing much of detail, and the marines took no responsibility for treatment. I was not offered a medical discharge. and there was no accident investigation written up, however being a marine I still trained on crutches with all my gear, all i had left was the crucible. needless to say i believe in honoring our country, and sacrifice, and they ripped my nametags off my uniform and let me keep them. There was so much neglect the injuries led to a rare neurological disease and its spread all over my body. i had to contact a congressman recently to now investigate all the neglect. Fight for your rights that you are entitled to and don't give up the hope. I have friends who have served in Vietnam that are suffering terribly from Agent Orange. The government will try to screw, but you have to fight back, they can't discriminate against you. Thank you for serving and fighting for our freedmom which so many Americans neglect our troops. Keep the faith alive, and fight them back.
    It is not the fault of the Marine Corps that you elected to get out and now two weeks later they will not let you back in. Just saying.
    Bull**** is right.I remember when my son enlisted,the recruiter at the desk next to us disqualled a guy for having tats.The ironic thing was the recruiter had sleeves.
    nelsonrj-About a Marine not being allowed a Tat is Bull S..t. In Staging Bat., in Pendleton , half my company got " Gung Ho " tattoos before we shipped out to Nam. It's always been a right of passage and Pride in the Corps. This is another sign of what this country is becoming,a country of don't hurt me P..ssies. From the lowest Pvt. to the SgtMg of the Corps, Marines have given their lives in hopeless conflicts to protect their Corporate asses while there kids party in collage.Why does the Best Fighting Force in the world go along with this "Political Correct Bull Sh.t.It almost doesn't make me proud to be an American.