Hurt on deployment and being pushed under the carpet please help - Blogs - Marine Corps - USMC Community
View RSS Feed

BrokenVet

Hurt on deployment and being pushed under the carpet please help

Rate this Entry
hi every one
i wanted to know if any one could help me i am a reserve that got hurt on active duty.
i got injured on deployment in 2007 and i had a back surgery in 2008 and its been over a year now since i was able to see a doctor because my unit messed up all my paper work.
i am now on a medical status called TMPQ witch means that i have to go to the Doc once a month and report my progress back to my unit, but the thing is that they want me to go to my own doctor and pay for my own stuff and they say if i dont do it that i will me medically discharged from the Corps. theres no way i can afford this and im pretty sure that there not suppose to do it that way, and theres no way i can afford that since its supper hard for me to find a job that dosnt hurt my back.
if some one could please help me, all i want is to get better and be able to feel like a marine again, i hate that my unite treats me like sh!t because of my injury and i hate it even more that they are trying to push other marines under the rug that just got back from deployment and are injured i dont think that it is fare for us to be treated like this when all we did was do our jobs as Marines
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You might try contacting a DAV rep in your area. They may recommend going to your local VA Medical Center for help, especially if it is service connected.
    That's a load of BS. Like Jake said, go to your DAV rep ASAP
    If you were injured while deployed, it should have been identified on your PHA (physical health assessment) prior to demobilization. If it was, your unit should have given you an NOE (notice of eligibility) to pay for a civilian doctor to fix you, or they should have kept you in an active duty status until you were treated in the military system. If it was not identified prior to demob, you need to talk with the local VA to get it treated as a "service connected disability". I worked a case like this a couple of years ago and the local VA hospital was most helpful.
    Are you eligilbe for Tricare? If so, you see your civilian Doc and the Govrnment pays - but 1st, do as Jake and TDRT say- go to the DAV - unlike the VA, the DAV works for us, not US
    Like all have said get your self to the VA, DAV,VFW or Ligion ask for help with this it can be done you just need to get it started and now.