Best rank in the Marine Corps? - Blogs - Marine Corps - USMC Community
View RSS Feed

Semperdog

Best rank in the Marine Corps?

Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Being a Pvt sucks. Need I say more?
PFC? Not as bad as Pvt, but just as grueling.
I loved being a LCpl because of the camaraderie with all the other reckless 19-21 yr olds running amuck during "hurricane parties" at the barracks in Camp Lejeune, but still a rough rank.
Cpl was gratifying as it is the first step to leading younger Marines (although at any rank we lead younger Marines).
Sgt was my favorite rank. Although I got out as a Sgt and didn't experience any higher rank, it was nice to have some weight on my collar. I lead Marines from all my ranks, but the rank of Sgt helped with having more pull with my leadership. SNCO's, sit back and let the young Sgt's run the Corps. We are developed leaders without the fogged thoughts of our career goals. This helps us lead more affectively as we lead for our Marines, not our leadership.
Any input on higher ranks?
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Yep, Commandant would be nice.
    Best two ranks in the Corps - Sergeant and Gunnery Sergeant! Nobody gives either one any crap!
    Ahhhh, hurricane parties! Great way to spend some time at a bungalow on Onslow Beach or Topsail. When was that, 2003?
    Yea 2003. We were on lock down, and had to eat MRE's and wear flak and kevlar to leave our rooms. One guy jump off the second deck with his poncho.
    bucksgted - You hit the nail on the head. In the infantry, a Sgt is God's right hand man. A GySgt in the infantry, gets to train the entire platoon in more than just tactic's. That includes teaching those new 2nd Lts the best way to make sh1t happen and gain respect from the young Marines he is in charge of.
    The best rank to be is SGT.
    Sgt. Definitely a blast. You can lead, learn, and NOBODY dares give you ****. Your the one they come running to when they need help.

Semper Fi
    Sgt Chretien
    The best rank to be is SGT
    Don't tell the Commandant but the Sgt's run the Marine Corps.
    CPL to Sgt as a Squad Leader in the Infantry. You are invincible.
    Got out as a Sgt after 13 years in. At the time, I wanted SSgt, but am glad I stayed an E-5. Had much more fun that way.
    THe best rank in the Corps is warrant officer.
    (1) Sergeant + (2) Corporal + (3) Lance Corporal= Total Destruction of public, private property, and an enemy scared ****less!!!!

Sergeant (Right Hand of God) Gunny (God himself)
    Maybe its because i am a Cpl but i think Sgt is the best but i like it when the Sgts let us Cpls loose when the Plt all jacked up on sumthing.. its not hard to stay out of trouble and keep your rooms clean and uniforms squared away is it? or is it jus me with so much time on my hands?
    CPLS and SGTS I had the best time with I always wound up getting drunk some how. BUT i love all my Marine Brothers SEMPER FI