no more flying - Blogs - Marine Corps - USMC Community
View RSS Feed

bandikoot

no more flying

Rate this Entry
So i got in a pretty nasty car crash in october. My left knee is messed up in a bad way. I can only bend it about 40 degrees without agonizing pain, and i walk with a terrible limp.

My MOS is a crew chief, so i can't do my job which is horribly depressing, and don't know if i will be able to again.

The Doc's are saying probably more surgery coming up. I haven't run a pft since march either. Does anyone know how long the corp gives you to heal before they deem you worthless and kick you out?
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I've never met anyone, who's worthless, Marine. You prove to the people around you that you are a valuable asset every day, whether you know it or not. Some times just being there, can prove your worth. Show'em what a Marine can do! Ken
    I believe it goes something like you can be on light duty for no more than 3 months and once that happens then you're on limited duty...once you're on limited duty for a few months then you start getting looked at for a med board to see if you rate getting medically discharged from the Marine Corps. I work in the IPAC and Marines in my shop actually deal with duty limitations and med sep. Limited duty you can't be on for more than 2 consecutive year long restrictions. I hope this helped...I know there's an order on it but I'm not positive what it is.
    Up to 60 days of light duty and two 6 months periods of limited duty. Refer to MARADMIN0636-09 for details. Also, ask to talk to the PEBLO at your local base hospital.