Opsec----everybody Must Read - Blogs - Marine Corps - USMC Community
View RSS Feed

lcpldriscoll122

Opsec----everybody Must Read

Rate this Entry
As a Marine i feel honored that this site exists, it is informative to the newer members of our corps as well as family members, and keeps the salty dogs in touch as well, a very honorable cause, i a m not opposed to posting on this website either but if one were to look at my profile they would find the information available on it is kept to a minimum, OPSEC and COMSEC are continuous, i understand family efforts to ask questions about deployments but i do ask that everybody takes into consideration that although i believe this site is genuine there is no way to TRUELY know who is looking at it, anybody can create a profile and say they are a marine, have served, or are a family member, there really is no id verification, which would not be a big deal except...Mothers I'm sorry forry using you as an example but...when PFC Jones' mother posts somthing like "my son is with 2nd bn 8th Marines and his 4 day window is jan 2-5" It raises security concerns because in all honesty we have no idea who is looking at this site, please hear my plea for your Marine's saftey when asking about deployments or duty station please give just enough info to get an answer i.e. my son is deploying soon he is an infantryman.... Thank you very much and i apologize for bringing it up but i just don't want Marine's info being posted on an unsecure site
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

...a good rule of thumb is that troop movements shouldn't be discussed publicly. We are in a weird situation being in a pervasive war with such easy access to information. Likewise, there have been issues with Marines posting 'cool guy' photos on facebook/myspace that end up being used as propaganda by bad guys...particularly if these photos are labeled and include LN's. Please keep that in mind as well.
    SF
    ~A
    Good heads-up, lcpldriscoll122!
    very true.
    WE SHOULDNT DISCUSS DEPLOYMENTS ANYWAY. GOOD POINT and SEMPER FI MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS