reenlistment with disability - Blogs - Marine Corps - USMC Community
View RSS Feed

renegade0311

reenlistment with disability

Rate this Entry
I want to re enlist back into the Marines. The only problem I am concerned about is that I am rated as 20 percent disabled, but with no actual disability diagnosis. I joined in 1995 and got out in 2000 with Honorable discharge and got rated later. I am 33 years old. Does any body know if I stand a chance? Even the local recruiter doesn't rightly know. Thank you and Semper Fi
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

if your disability does not hinder you on your day to day happenings then you can file a waiver of the disability. But the big problem is to find a prior service recruiter that will work on this. It is getting harder to get back but it is not impossible
    thank you. Is there a Marine Corps Liaison number That I can get my hands on so I can start this project?
    Call your local local recruiting office for the prior service recruiter's information. Currently, the Corps is not taking prior service Marines back on active duty until at least Jan 2010. You may have a better shot affiliating with your local reserve unit and inquiring about active duty opportunities as an IA, AR, or EAD. Your prior service recruiter can help you with that too.
    I was told as long as the rating is not over (Mil. or V.A.) 30% and you wave your disability while you are in you have no problems. If you have any other questions please feel free to e-mail me at forensicman@aol.com.

Respectfully,

R.G.