The old timers, salty dogs... - Blogs - Marine Corps - USMC Community
View RSS Feed

MicMarine

The old timers, salty dogs...

Rating: 7 votes, 2.14 average.
To: The old timers, salty dogs, the golden aged, the warhorses, the bitter, and those giving advice that entered and exited the Marine Corps after 3years, 20 to 40 years ago giving advice to the future of the Marine Corps, that come off retarded or bitter or I am better than you. This will tick someone off, guess what I don't give a damn. These are my opinions.

I have read the "advice" given to poolees and future Marine hopefuls that visit this site. What a waste of time. If you were a Iroquois crewman in 1960 something, you know more about being a rocket scientist than being a grunt. Go tell your war stories at the VFW.

Almost every question asked, is given a variation of the same response: "Earn the title first." No kidding, thank you Captain Obvious. For saving the world from total confusion. I thought you had go to all the schools for Recon then hit Recruit Training after the fact. Only if you have time. The judgment passed on those who do not know, and seeking advice is more of bullying than anything else.

You're a enlisted female Marine in the 0600 field trying to dish out advice to a Military Academy hopeful. Have you even attempted to get a college education or received one from a Military Academy? I am guessing not.

The statements that are basically: "Your new, shut up, and don't talk bad about guys that were in and out of the Corps before you were born." I have more time in grade than some have in the Marines. Yet my comments are not welcomed. What happen to that Esprit De Corps, the camaraderie, the brotherhood?

If I was closer to getting my AARP card, than my next enlistment, or if I kissed @ss to everyone that was member on this site before me. Maybe, just maybe I would welcomed.

I have a guy that was a reservist for 8 years, a POG no less, and went to Berkley, telling me to hang around before I get judgmental. No need there part timer. Add up your days or "retirement points" you had on active duty. I have more time in uniform half way into my first enlistment than you ever will. WTF do you know a about mentoring Marines?

I have a WM telling me that "I tell it like it is. I speak Marine." So what if there is 500 post with the word recon. Why are you giving advice about an all male MOS again? Go make coffee or file some paperwork.

Marines get on here and ramble as if they are the expert on the subject matter. Their post are nothing more the a duty expert, barracks lawyer giving a (lack of) information pass down going on. Substance or any in depth in your post to a question is, while I am guessing of course, part of the reason these forums were started.

GyC made a damn good point. "Marines answering, are not trained/ lack knowledge/ have a hair up their butt and either answer incorrectly (and cause misinformation) or answer negatively, and gives a young man or woman a bad taste in their mouth, not about the Recruiter, but about the Marine Corps... The Commandant has tasked "Every Marine A Recruiter"... If you don't know the answer, or can't positively answer a question, do your fellow Marines a favor, and stay off the net... Go talk in the Hooch or something."

Know your role, and never speak on things that you do not know of. Comments are more then welcomed.

To: Those seeking information, future Marines, and POOLEES. Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.

MicMarine OUT!!

Updated 07-22-09 at 08:44 PM by MicMarine

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Nicely said Devil... I found it ...
    Newbie!!
    Sgt Read Your Post A Couple Of Times . Very Well Said, A Lot Of Good Points Where Made. I Wonder If Some Of The Marines That Give Out There Advice To A Poolee That Asks A Question Be It Allready Asked Or Just Off The Wall Can Rember Back When They Were Thinking About What The Marine Corps Was Like, And Were Looking For Some Answers To There Questions Back Then
    Good points.
    I may be "new" to this site, but I know more about how the Marine Corps is ran than you can ever hope to know there BigAl.
    Updated 08-05-09 at 08:46 AM by MicMarine
    Wow, I guess I've gotten soft, I would have been a bit more diplomatic saying stfu like he did...
    Well said. I feel as though we can all learn from each other, but it's very hard to learn when people either use dismissive language or simply talk "out their ass". This site is as much about helping each other as Marines: current, past, or future.