Question about Recruiters and the fiscal year - Blogs - Marine Corps - USMC Community
View RSS Feed

LcplBrown0352

Question about Recruiters and the fiscal year

Rate this Entry
I am attempting to get back in the Marine Corp. My Re-Code is RE1APLHA which is what I need to get back in. My recruiter stated
; "I need to get back in before the fiscal year or I will not be able to get in for along time". Is this true ? I do not want to go back in till November because I want to finish my online classes before I am back in active dutie. At this time the recruiter has not stated what Mos are available or critical. I would like to know my options of Jobs. My Asvab score from when I was 18 was 42 asavb score, GT score 80, MM 72 and EL score 87. What type of MOS are available with these scores.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Can't tell you anything except watch your back. Could be BS and the recruiter is just trying to get you as one of his needed quotas. Have you considered joining a reserve unit, finishing school, and then going back in? You could easily get Warrant and maybe OCS. Beats the hell out being enlisted in the long run. Lot more pay and benefits on active duty and in retirement.
    Yes I have Gunny. I can not stand the civilian sector another day I enjoy the life as a Marine. 30 more college credits I will have my BS. At that time I want to covert as an Officer. Have a great day Semper FI !!!
    Go for it Brother!...
    I wish I had been able to go back after I got my degree, but the rules were different and I was past the 29 year-old age limit. (this was changed later)
    Keep us infrormed..
    Semper Fi
    Gunny H
    Good luck
    All this talk about fiscal year is due to the budget President Obama has been talking about. Each branch has restrictions as to how many they can recruit but it comes out as how many they are releasing (The old story - you discharge 5000 but you reduce recruiting and thus reduce the total number on active duty. This in turn reduces the amount of money needed by each service...etc..etc...etc. One of the problems is that the economy has been bad and many have reenlisted. It will eventually make rank harder to get..look at the Air Force...been that way for a long time. The Army and Marines need a lot of lower ranking guys to fill the ground MOSs. It could be hard to get in if you wait.