Need Some Guidance Please Help - Blogs - Marine Corps - USMC Community
View RSS Feed

HUWDAWG

Need Some Guidance Please Help

Rate this Entry
This is just a scenario and i want input from you guys:

If one of your marines fail field day and you tell them that you will be inspecting there rooms the following day, and they will be in there Alphas. Do you have to be in the same uniform even if you are not inspecting there uniforms just inspecting the room?

And if so is there a Order or a white letter or anything stating you need to be in that particular uniform.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

No you do not need to be in uniform if it is not a uniform inspection. that simple/

CWO 2 Davenport
    Re-inspect their room..... thats one thing. Them being in Alpha's...... tread carefully on that one. With todays mentality that some of these young Marines have, someone might claim hazing because you made them be in their Alpha's for a field day inspection and not a uniform inspection. Your walking in a gray area with this one. Walk lightly.
    You're an idiot for telling them to wear their Alpha's for a field day inspection. Why not have them wear their Alpha's for PT. How about Deltas in the Motor T bay, simply pointless. Finally, if you want "your" Marines to wear a certain uniform, you might want to wear the same.
    They failed field day. This makes you wonder as to the state of their uniforms as well, right? Just being a good NCO, right? Field day inspection/uniform inspection all in one. How long does a cursory Alphas inspection really take? Not too terribly long, especially considering you were willing to give some of your time in the first place for a room inspection. When I was SUPER boot(first year in the Fleet) my squad leader made me stay up ALL NIGHT cleaning because I failed field day inspection, and I had rifle range qual the next day. Don't go overboard, but go ahead, be an NCO. Just remember if it comes down to it, it was NOT punitive in nature.
    Secondly it disheartens me that NCO's have to be worried about doing things like this! Up until I got out in 2003 my Company First Sergeant made sure that every NCO in the barracks was awake and up, every morning by 0500, checking rooms, checking wall lockers (because some Marines, don't clean, they just stuff it in there.) Nobody even considered complaining, it was just part of life!
    Is it just me, or has the Corps gotten softer with this whole Mother's of America/hazing/spoiled kids playing warriors in cammies crap? Our Corporals used to wear white sweats and white glove our room, and if they had dirt on their gloves, we re-field dayed AND had to buy them new dress blue gloves (we fortunately did not have to buy them new sweats if they dove under our racks and came back dirty). Somebody said field day in your Alphas, you did it. Whatever happened to discipline? "Instant and willing obedience to all orders." They still teach this in Recruit Training, right? If they want to whine and cry, tell those kids to get out and go into the Chair Force.
    Kawi Gunny is right
    Rooms? What rooms? We had squad bays on Gieger.
    echo5miller:

You must have been with 8th Marines back then. I was with 6th Marines and we moved over there after we came off UDP back in '88 or '89. Don't remember which year it was. Damn I hated those squadbays.
    Ease up Eltoroloco. A person is not an idiot when he seeks advice. KawiGunny makes a good point. It's been a while since I was on active duty, but while I was in the simple rule was the inspector wore the same uniform or higher. Going up one for barracks inspection was preferred. If the men were wearing utilities, I wore Class A. I never failed my men for a field day that I wasn't present for...and they never failed a field day that I was present for...translation...If I didn't properly supervise my people, I failed the inspection, not my men. If I was present, I didn't need to inspect, I knew it was done right.
    Yes sir KawiGunny, I was with the 8th. If we weren't in the field or floating the med, we were in those squadbays. Can't even imagine having my own room back then. Wow, I know things change but sometimes it looks like a different Corps.
    Most of the softness in the Corps is in the supporting units. Try this crap in the Grunts and you still get smacked by your NCO! They just don't let the CO's see it anymore. And out there, most of the Junior Marines still think their NCO's are god and will not mess around too much. Complaining is kept where it should be, between ranks!
    There is so much I could say on this topic but, I'll keep it simple. This is a new generation is smarter than the old. From 1900's to 2013 the average IQ of a person today is smarter than 95% of people back then. We can not be lead the same way now as back then. As far as not wearing the same uniform you want your junior to look senior to you in uniform??? No you want to look 100 times better than him...