RESERVE to ACTIVE promotion and B-Billets? HELP - Blogs - Marine Corps - USMC Community
View RSS Feed

JAJAVIER

RESERVE to ACTIVE promotion and B-Billets? HELP

Rate this Entry
I've been in for about 4 years but, spent most of it as a reservest. I picked up LCPL in 01/03/2006 and currently have the cuttion score for CPL in my MOS. The problem is that I was told I would have to wait 9 months to get promoted because, my time in grade would be reset. Does anyone know if this is true? I know that my Time in grade would be adjusted but, would it be to the extent where I would have to wait 9 months? The promotions in the reserves suck even if a Marine hasn't done anything wrong and has high pft's etc etc... Can anyone help me out?

The other question that I have is.... How long after picking up CPL would I have to wait to do a B-Billet since i've been in for 4 but, haven't been Active duty?

Thanks
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Somebody in admin help me out!?
    As I understand it, you are trying to transfer from the reserve component to the active component. Assuming you get the approval, you will most likely be reset a bit based on your total amount of active duty time. This because reservists accumulate 30 days worth of active duty experience for every year they serve in a reserve status. This reset puts you on equal footing with your active duty counterparts. Regarding your special duty assignment question, each SDA has different criteria and the answer depends on which duty you choose. Refer to the SDA manual for details.