Conversation Between fasteropr and usmc1969 4631

Conversation Between fasteropr and usmc1969 4631

3 Visitor Messages

1. My CO in Nam was a Lt Garwick, in '65, but as I recall the majority of the time he wasn't around. I don't think I was EVER the first one in the stick. However, when I first arrived, as was the case with all the "new guys" I was the LAST one in the stik. Almost all of my Jumps while at Camp Smith in Hawaii was on the island of Molokai. I can't rememger nowhow long of a DZ it was (15-20 seconds) but I do remember 2 or 3 in my stik hesitating and I ended up in the friggin drink. Fortunately for me I was able to bust loose from my harness b4 I hit the drink, bout tree top level, as I was carrying a GP bag with my radio in it. More tha once I've seen/heard others who were airborne stating they were not afraid before they jumped. They must have been a different breed of cat or full of it because I was on the edge every friggin jump, especially the night jumps. SF Airborne
  2. I did photo-op with 2nd force even made the jumps ifn i member it was 11 , 10day 1 nite (the only one i was first in the stick ) scared to death if i could see, the ground .always #4./ did the 20 n 20 for the 3mile swim , the first time on that didnt TOE Down F**K Me Running ... (limping)
  3. Ya member a Lt. Clancy ?68 /69 anglico .(believe 1st)
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3