Conversation Between Rough Hands and Jordan2108

Conversation Between Rough Hands and Jordan2108

9 Visitor Messages

1. Wow, that is tough. Just hang in there, I'm sure you'll do fine the second time around. Stay motivated.
  2. Just got back from MEPS finally. I got DQ'd because i guess i have bad hearing in my Right ear. The doc commisioned me to go to Elmindorff to get another test. So iv gotta drive up again for that. Then iv gotta drive up again to go back to MEPS and swear in. 45 is the minimum hearing requirments and i got a 45 in my right ear.
  3. Sweet! They'll put you in the Crowne Plaza, and it's a really nice hotel. I'm sure you'll do great on your ASVAB - I scored a 71 on my practice, but ended up with an 88 on the real thing. Stay motivated!
  4. Got the official date. Going up on sunday stayin at the hotel and taking it all on monday. I don't have any medical problems. so i should be good. ill let you know what my results are. I got a 74 on my pre asvab
  5. It's true; one of the docs up at MEPS was under investigation and, as I understand it, has been denied re-enlistment because of some malpractice or something. It held me up for about a week too.

I'm not the greatest math whiz, but I studied for my ASVAB and actually did really well on it, when I thought I did terribly. It's not that bad - each section is timed, and you have about 3 hours to do the whole thing, but really, you have more than ample time to complete each section. I finished the whole thing in about an hour and a half (after waiting about an hour to get in the frickin' test room) and scored an 88 on the AFQT.

Just don't let it get to you. If you're relaxed, you'll be able to think more clearly. Oh, and listen to your recruiter about the medical stuff - don't add anything to your medical screening that you haven't already gone over with your recruiter on your pre-screen, otherwise you'll probably need some waivers. I've also been told that people are automatically being DQ'd for any kind of inhaler usage (regardless if it's asthma related or not), so be careful with what you let MEPS know (be honest, but be wary).

Good luck!
  6. wow. iv been waiting for like a month cause my recruiter said the doc up at meps was under investigation so no one was getting approved. But he texted me this morning saying I got the green light! Hes trying to set it up for me to go up tomorrow and take it all on friday. Im not worried about the physical stuff just the ASVAB because its timed.
  7. So, I just DEP'd in this morning. I currently have an Open Contract, but my RSS' Gunny is trying to get me the contract that I want, so I'm not worried about it at all. Right now, it sounds like just about everybody is DEPing in under Open Contract. What matters is having the contract you want by the time you ship to boot camp. Hope that helps. Oh! I stayed at the MEPS hotel last night and hung out with a guy who was actually from Soldotna too! Best of luck to you!
  8. hey I havnt been on here for awhile. But yes I am Still planning on going into the Marines DEP. I was supposed to go up to MEPS thursday but they didnt approve anyone to come up so im still waiting. I got a 79 on my pre ASVAB so im not to worried about that. Did your recruiter tell you that if you go DEP you have to sign open contract til the end of DEP? Thats what im scared about.
  9. Hey Jordan, I saw your post in the "Ask a Marine" forum. I noticed you said you were from Alaska, so I looked up your profile and I see that you're from Soldotna. Well, I'm from Anchorage, and I'll be DEPing really soon as well. I've been on this track for over a year now, and even though I am a girl, I'd be more than willing to help you with anything, especially if you have questions.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 9 of 9