Conversation Between HM3 Doc Wilder and miked23

Conversation Between HM3 Doc Wilder and miked23

2 Visitor Messages

1. Hey RocketMan-just saw this as I logged on.NO-I don't have any children in this life;many in other lives that I've had.MY life has not really been a lot of fun-I'm kind of obsessive-I have many hobbies-but a very short attention Span.I'm preety much like I was in Nam.Never liked to sleep at normal hours-I'm a Party Animal-cant drink more than 4 beers in one day.My liver wont let me-I like other things but nothing hard.I can indulge now a little bit.When I had a bone-it with the Tinnitus-was like Acid-(multiplied a thousand times). Had a few girlfriends in my life-but never got to the alter.I had two-girlfriends that wanted to be married but the real tenderness and love I was seeking was not there.Right now I would like to find a Spanish girlfriend-that will be there for you.Then again I'll take anything that is somewhat attractive-and has some knowledge of life and can have a conversation.I think-Dylan's best-line in music:This Life is but a Joke.I try very hard now to enjoy my life-I do not like being retired-don't really like x-ray.It pays well in New York-but I have had my share of radiation.I don't know what to do?.I can read well and always wanted to be on the radio.I'm told I have a radio voice-but I don't hear it.It's clear-but I'm no Art Bell,or George Noory.Time will go by-quickly-no matter what you do.Are you happily married-you are lucky.How old are your daughters-Your a lucky man-Rocketman and you deserve it.Any questions-Please call-me---------Allan Wilder-1718-823-1641- I really remember you were a good guy-that's why I remember you.My Memory from Nam is good-because I think it's really a form of PTSD.Didn't want to say this on a thread-These Marines and Corpsman-have no mercy.They think combat makes you.That's Bull SH*T-what you see and feel makes you.I'm running out of stories.I have one-where I was stupid and Drunk-in the EM-Club.This Marine kept calling me baldy-continously-I was very vain and naive-in those days.I waited for him-and told him I was going to kill him.He got down on his knees and begged me not to kill him.I felt like a Real-Heel and hated myself at that moment.I am not proud of this.This is so unlike me.....My question is-should I tell this story-to show that I was an ass?-to let these people know I was humane .You have to be a masochist -to be a good Corpsman.You have to be a Masochist-to really want to suffer as an X-Ray tech.I wanna have fun now.I'm living okay-I can pay my bills-but there is nothing-that sets you free like money if you know how o use it.It's a tool that I'm still learning about.I have never been very materialistic.Lost a great deal of Ging in the stock market-that's my only gambling vice.Mutual-Funds-that's what I used to follow.Now I'm down about grand in the S&P-But It's minor....So Rocketman-I'm glad you made something of yourself.Try to find something to do-that will stretch your mind-and wont hurt you.Maybe learn to play the guitar.My problem is I wanna play-not learn-so I'm stuck being a Beginner.I love it though.I once got made at my Sony 512-ram-laptop and put it away for two years.Now I have a 4gig memory-Acer-and it's slow also.I have learned patience with computers.You probably have an Apple-runs better than Windows.This post has turned out longer than I wanted but I just wanted to communicate better with you.I never noticed your missing finger-I guess I only noticed-real bad stuff.Bless you and your Family RocketMan
  2. This might sound a little strange to you, but what the hell.....
    A while back I looked up H&MS 17 via Google. Somewhat to my surprise I got a hit (the only one) where 'Big Al' (Bert Kinyon) had just posted a question whether anyone was in H&MS 17 in '68, '69. I responded that I had been in that outfit, during that time frame. Bert responded almost immediatly, referring to me as Rocketman. To say that I was floored would be an understatement. Not only did he remember me, he recognized me by my real name and how I was known back then. Bert then got me connected to a couple of other friends from then - Andy Anderson & Doug Beckstead.

For the majority of my life I have felt 'socially invisible', so to be remembered over 40 years later was a complete, but very pleasant shock. When you said you remembered Rocketman, the same feeling came over me. The fact that I remembered you guys didn't translate into assuming you guys would remember me - go figure. I cannot express how much this has meant to me, but let me assure you it was a really good feeling.
    Last fall Andy and I attended a get-together for veterans of the First Marine Air Wing Vietnam in South Carolina. Didn't run into anyone I knew, but it was still a kick. One of the things we did was go to Parris Island and watch a class graduate from boot camp. That was something I never expected to do, and it turned out to be really cool. The Marines on the base even arrainged to give us a tour, which was also a kick. They really treated us like VIP's.

Andy lives in Portland, and has worked for the VA since shortly after getting out of the Marines. He is a lab tech, doing things like electrophoresis. He was a flare kicker in Vietnam. Bert did a lot of stuff, including acting in movies. The latter part of his career he was a spokesperson for Intel. I have mostly been some sort of 'cone-head', either working with electronics or programming computers. My wife and I retired in '99, before we were 50 but now we are looking to get back into some sort of career. Retirement is OK, but you never get a day off from it and all my friends are still working. Besides I really enjoyed working and had a lot of fun doing it.
    Hopefully your life has been fun & rewarding as well. Do you have kids? What kinds of things do you do for fun?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2