Conversation Between linda1945 and BaseCommCLNCdaw

Conversation Between linda1945 and BaseCommCLNCdaw

4 Visitor Messages

1. I asked because if you read the text in my album you know I was at Base Comm from jun61 to about Mar63, and about half our watchstanders were WM's. Linda O"Brien Yaw was one, and she was born about '45 which made her about your age as I deduce from your moniker. She died last summer of complications from diabetes.

Mine was the barracks diagonally across the street from the Central Area Service Club. The CA Mess hall was straight across from the CASC. The base Library was straight across from my barracks. The MPs were also in the same barracks. If you look at the social groups, and the communications Marines you'll see a long list of people who worked Base Comm watches, and there are many WMs on that list.

Linda actually sent me a cassette tape that was made one night on the roof of building #1 ((Base Headquarters) with the voices of the people on watch that particular night just having one of those stream of consciousness conversations.
  2. Yes BaseCommCLNCdaw I was in the Marine Corps for almost 2 years. I am a Woman Marine.
  3. Thanks for the welcome and for taking a look at my album, and I appreciate your kind words Linda. Were you a WM?
  4. Welcome! Like your album!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4