Conversation Between SlingerDun and 3522

Conversation Between SlingerDun and 3522

6 Visitor Messages

1. Clack between Barton Bridge and Deep Creek, you'll want waders and traction. There's a pretty good reach below the confluence of Deep Creek, but the creek itself is closed to fishing. Park on the south side of Barton Bridge and cross the open field - it's all legal and a decent trail until you close in on the best holes that get thick and thorny.
    Not much pressure, mostly fly guy's who don't catch anything.
    A few months and the pleasure rafters will be swarming
  2. 2nd coldest June on record might have something to do with the late harvest eh. I bought a "seedless" Hermiston melon last week; $7.00 pink flesh, bitter.
  3. Hey, Dave, sorry I haven't gotten back to you 'til now, I've been goin' round and round with physics. I haven't seen any Hermiston melons yet, except for some seedless (?) ones. Now, I delivered Hermiston melons straight off the farm in the early 80s (big fun!), and I don't remember them ever being this late. I'm not hip to the seedless thing, either. Usually, at the start of Hermiston melons, they'll make a big production out of delivering the first batch to Pioneer Square in PDX. So, keep an ear out for that.
  4. Have the Hermiston Melons hit the markets yet? I dont like paying 69 cents a pound for bitter Mexican Agriculture
  5. At least Illinois has a Salem, and Oregon has a Springfield.
  6. hey wait a Minute, there's an Illinois river in Oregon but there's no Chicago?!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6