Conversation Between montana and SlingerDun

Conversation Between montana and SlingerDun

10 Visitor Messages

1. slinger my wife knows Lucinda Hewencorn but am not sure about Jim Bureau the name isnt familier..polsen is about 30 miles north of here...
  2. One of my first shoeing customers when i moved to Portland was a guy raised on the Flathead reservation named Jim Bureau. His wife who came from a burb near Camp Pendleton said he was the toughest cat on the rez and when she traveled with to visit the new relations they stopped at a cantina in Polson? and had to prove it against his arch nemesis ______ who claimed "Bull of the Woods" since Jim had cleared out lol.

Jim's wifey, a little blonde beach chick was scared to death over the struttin and chestin building up to the battle until this big ole gal named Lucinda He-Wa-Corn mother'd up and told her to stick close and she be alright LOL! Don't remember the outcome.

Jim he was also in the Corps. Vietnam, artillery then was a logger for awhile and him and the wife have owned the Sandy Chain Saw Shop ohhh for about 18 years or more.

Sound familiar?
  3. lol....see how that goes.....both my granddads were over 6' tall....my grandmother on my dads side was a tall woman....the problem comes from my mothers side...her mom was 4'3"....all my relatives are big people...my brothers and i all got rooked...one made 5'8" the rest of us are under 5' 7"
  4. Big, yeah i got that from my granny Clancy, she was a beef
  5. slinger...looked at you pics....uh man your big enough ta just hold that horse under your arm and fittin it with a oo....you got some purdy country there

be safe Bill
  6. hey slinger...just read you comment in my gallery...wasnt a snowslidethe snow gets that deep up there...the mountain is a south slope so doesnt keep much snow on it however where the road is its very low and the north slope of the mountains keeps the sun from shining on it all whinter its a narrow deep canyion....by the way i cought a 19 and 22 inch cuthrought just a littleways from where that pic was taken a week ago.....will put up a pic of a snowslide a little farther down the road that happend this year
  7. I don't bend like that daily. That profile photo was taken at the Oregon Open forge and shoeing contest. The better you eyeball things from different angles the more ribbons and glory
  8. slinger...my got man...your pic is making me back ache....bend at the knees man...
    iffen i stood anything like that...id have to just stay that way...till someone would come along nice enough to bend me back to almost strait... sure wish i had your backbone and you had a fether in your ear....we would both be tickled......be safe me bro
  9. hay bro...around these parts we the ones with the horses are expected to have the horse foot soft before we invite anyone ta come do the triming/shoeing...some of the first part of the training is working with the feet....sounds like some people your way are slacking in their responsability....people get hurt that way...uhhh you in this case...heal up soon
  10. Trimming in the round pen:
    3 year old BLM gelded adoptee displayed plenty of standardbred sign so i hoped he may have a dormant civilized gene, no such luck. Don't get paid like Ray Hunt and nobody had a dart gun handy so our harmony was 20 ft. of 1 inch woven nylon scotch line, smoked the palms before i got started in on what i was paid to do... trim those long granite hooves. And of course i got no gloves, just another day out west.

Here's how i crunched the bill:

1 Trim_____________ 35 dollars
    Double Tuff Fee______ 35 dollars
    Training"___________ 20 dollars
    1 Horse Farm Call____15 dollars

Total______________105 dollars

Favorite rank equid cocktail: (which was not available) approx equal parts,

D-ormosedan
    A-ce
    R-ompom
    T-urbogesic
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 10