Conversation Between MrsCodyMC and Quinbo

Conversation Between MrsCodyMC and Quinbo

5 Visitor Messages

1. Happy Thanksgiving from the Quinn family!
  2. I had a way of catching the most half wild foxhounds. I would just walk right up to them with a reassuring voice and calm attitude. My dear old friend called me one day and asked if I would come help gather his hounds. Fox hunting aint all it's cracked up to be. Spend a couple hours listening to the hounds sing then a couple more hours with a pick and shovel digging out the fox then all of the next day driving around looking for your dogs. Anyway ... this old gentleman asked me to help gather hounds. He said bring that ole coondog along in case we get bored. Sunset we cut the hound loose and he booed around for a while then came treed. I said where is your flashlight the dog is treed. He said didn't you bring one. Nope didn't think about it chasing doggies in the daylight. I said well that dog is gonna stay under that tree barking till he dies of old age so I got to go with or without a flashlight. I said when he shuts up honk your horn every couple minutes. I went in and got the dog coal miners ass pitch black with no light and walked back to the sound of a honking horn. Lucky I didn't walk off a cliff or something. It was and is a great memory
  3. what beautiful animals! I miss having dogs we are still at Pendleton, and live in an apartment....that is not a good environment for a dog
  4. Whether it is hounds at night or beagles in the day, hearing them work and knowing you trained them is a joy. http://www.geocities.com/nhbludog/pics.html
  5. I have never hunted with hounds...looks like a blast!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5