Conversation Between montana and RYDERKUR

Conversation Between montana and RYDERKUR

4 Visitor Messages

1. Sgt. Hammond. I'm glad I was able to give you a heads up on that book. I thought it was written pretty well and very informative about the operations, personnel, and morale, at the time. I can only imagine the memories it probably brought back. I'm humbled to be able to talk to you and others that sacrificed and accomplished mission in that hellish place. Semper Fi, Sgt.
  2. I got the book Death Valley....brings back many memorys...i was on the lp that got blown away...they brought us in at midnight...and sent the other squad out...felt bad that they had to take our place....is nice to see the whole pic...as i only saw it from my point of vew...lots to shoot at that night and the next...heck even had a cobra chopper shoot a low rocket that almost blew my butt away.....getting it from both sides. i got to Bco the 9th of Aug...got educated real quick

just to thank you for the name of the book

be safe
  3. Kurt i have never read the book myself but although i thank you.. i dont much go for the hero thingy.....we didnt do anything that any other Marine hasnt done...only did what we had to do.....and stay alive to the best of our ability

by the way those are some purdy nice bucks in the background...like venison
  4. Sgt. Hammond, I just wanted to tell you how I read about you guys in the book "Death Valley." You and the men of 7th Marines have my utmost respect for your heroic actions. I mean it from the bottom of my heart that you Vietnam Veterans are a daily inspiration to me to carry on, knowing full well you guys had it so much worse and still accomplished the mission. Thank you for your service, you are truly a hero. Semper Fidelis.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4