Conversation Between LandsNGrooves and TJR1070

Conversation Between LandsNGrooves and TJR1070

4 Visitor Messages

1. Well I will tell you NBC school is difficult at best and includes alot of math so if your math skills aren't that good and you do want this MOS get some help before you leave for boot camp. Nothing is out of your reach if you do the work to achieve it. That is the biggest lesson of boot camp, that the only limitations we have are the ones we put on ourselves. Lastly STOP with the friggin combat comments. If it happens so be it, if it doesn't than consider yourself lucky. If you behave yourself maybe I will tell you a little personal story of why you should be careful of what you wish for!
  2. No need, you probaly have much better things to do then be on the internet.

Thank you. Im just worried because ive never been the best scolorly.Infact i hated school. alot of it didnt seem practical.I would have rather DID something then sit around and talk about it.
    But more than that, i dont want to wash out of the class and end up serving chow.
  3. Sorry it's taken me a couple of days to reply I didn't know you had left me a message and I don't check my profile all that often. I think the first thing you should do is try to decide now what interests you now. We all at different times in our lives are interested in different things. As a quick example I got involved in the Fire Service shortly after I got out of the Marine Corps and believe me I love every minute of working but after a while it got a little boring. Fires really aren't that common these days with detectors, fire safety and safety's built into products to prevent fires means that they are not as often an occurance as they used to be. That being what it is I had the opportunity to get involved with EMS about five years into my career so I jumped at it. Now I am an EMT instructor and a Critical Care technician and if I had to do it all over again knowing what I know now I would have joined the Navy and gone Corpsman and requested FMF. I never regretted my decision to join the Marine Corps and now I wouldn't trade that time for anything, however the way my life is progressing further and further into the medical field it probably would have been a better starting point from Corpsman and I may have realized my natural affinty for EMS earlier. Life has a way of working out, it really won't matter what MOS you pick because the Marine Corps will give you the skills needed to excel in any endeavor after you get out. Pick something that you think you would really like to do and go for it. The experiences you have there might lead you into another area altogether and the only prerequisite you will need for law enforcement or firefighting will have been being a Marine.
  4. Hi Corporal. I searched the Ask a Marine forum on my mos 5700 CBRN(NBC) and found you in a reply.I scoped your response to Abyss too.

Your a FireFighter now correct? I was wondering if you have any words on what kind of careers I should be looking for if i deicide the Corpe isnt for me past my 4 years? After my recruiter talked me out of 03, i just looked thru the book and thought NBC would be the best job for if I leave. With the talk of Dirty Bombs and mass terrorists attacks,i feel someone like a CBRN Marine would be in great value. Is this true?

I want to make the most of my time as would anyone. If i can get togather a plan before i leave for boot, i think id be better off, because i can take the neccecary college classes while im in to get me where i need to go.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4