Conversation Between GSEMarine94 and Avazina

Conversation Between GSEMarine94 and Avazina

4 Visitor Messages

1. You are correct, OCS would take the place of WTC... there is nothing wrong with NG... I like the idea of being a citizen soldier... it satisfy a desire to serve my community... my country... while having a civilian job that pays well.
  2. I have been out since 98 but due to the fact that I am going to go to OCS I was told I won't have to do the WTC thing. I have read on the Guard forums from other Marines about the laid back thing, some of their comments being very positive others not so much.
  3. Thanx for contacting me... About the Army National Guard depending how long you've been out you might have to go to WTC (Warrior Training College), which is basicly a re-fresher for prior service. Expect far less discipline than the Marines... My NG unit is very very laid back... almost seems like its a fraternity more than anything else.
  4. C.C. I see you are in the National Guard, I am attempting to get in as well (to old for the Corps as well). Any insights into major differences, what to expect etc. Also what unit are you with? I live in Northern Mississippi but will most likely attempt to get into an engineering unit in Southern Mississippi. Thanks for any info, Steve
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4