Conversation Between kentmitchell and bailesrj

Conversation Between kentmitchell and bailesrj

4 Visitor Messages

1. mitchell hello again i do not check this site very often it is nice to have someone from old corp to talk to did you ever climb fuji i never had time or maybe just didnt want to. was the little air strip mt. side or town side from middle camp? talk to you later semper fi roger
  2. Bailes,
    Sorry about being so late answering. I don't check this very often.
    I was at Middle Camp Fuji. We were in barracks that had formerly been POW barracks. Guys captured in the Phillipines and China were housed there. One gunny who came in on our draft in '57 was housed there. He cracked up when we got in sight of Middle Camp.
    Never went to North Camp or South Camp.
  3. hi mitchell, you might enjoy this ran into a marine at a car show he had been in 54-57 was at south camp fuji in55 said at that time there were 3 camps there north middle and south i only remember south when i was there 62-63 and it was all wooden floor tents. he said in 55 he was in converted barracks built for the japanese that middle and north were tents. what do you remember?
  4. Hey, Bailes
    I was a 2531 with an 81 mortar FO team in 2-9 (1957-58) Humped all over Japan, Okinawa, Phillipines. Didn't know how good I had it until I got back stateside to Pendleton. Never liked that place.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4