Conversation Between Garrett90 and jetdoc

Conversation Between Garrett90 and jetdoc

8 Visitor Messages

1. Garrett, I have to tell you man, if you have scholarships to go to college and you're not going then you will regret it. I know you have to live your own life and I respect that, however Garrett its so much better to go to college and do the PLC thing. So you do to Quantico between summers while in college and when you graduate you're an officer.

I've helped a few on here go officer first, infact Nancy, is at NAPS in RI, then she has an appointment to the USNA. She too thought she wanted to go enlisted first, however after some thinking she realized her life both NOW and in the future, will be so much better as an officer.

Well thats my opinion dude.

Thats cool about your bike and your bros and car payments, I respect that you are your own man.

Gotta run Garrett,

Ron
  2. I've been accepted to App. St. UNCC, UNCG, Lenoir-Rhyne, and Fairmont State, but I just can't get myself to WANT to go to college at this point. Enlisting has been my dream since I could remember, and I dont want to let that opportunity have a chance to be wasted. My parents wish I would explore college too first, but I'll have to live the life I choose.

My dad has a '79 Shovel Lowrider also. It was his dads before him and now he has it. Its his baby haha. My parents WOULD help me with the car payments if they could, but they just don't have the kind of money to do that because I have 3 younger brothers, and all are about to be getting to the age where they have cars too. (One of them just got his license a few weeks ago.) I like making my own payments though. I like being independent and doing my own thing. It makes me feel better when my friends who have parents paying for their mustangs and caddys are amazed that I pay for everything myself. (Although I am not going to lie, it would be nice to drive around in a car like that of my own lol.) Good things come to people who work hard in due time though. My myspace is www.myspace.com/gtheqb. Ill send you a friend request, although I don't get on it too much, just to check messages.

Im out man
  3. Garrett, its too bad you couldn't explore college more, going into the Marines as an officer is so much better. More money, more repect, better living all around. Thats cool about playing ball up in NY, good football weather up there. I used to live in NC and have family in Eden, Mint Hill, Lexington and Concord, haha. I liked it down there, for the most part.

As far as your ship date changing, I am sure you've heard thats how it is in the Marines. It happens ALL the time, and of course you have the hurry up and wait deal you go through a lot. Having a dad that was in gives you some good insight.

Does your pops have a HD? I have two, a 79 Shovel Lowrider and a 98 FXSTC. I do not have and HD tattoos. Mine are all asian except for the Three Stooges and I have the USMC theme on my upper right arm, the EGA and the Iwo Jima battle and flag raising.

I have pics of them on myspace, not sure if you do that? myspace.com/jetoc_usmc

Your parents are making you pay for your car while in Bootcamp? I couldn't do that, I'd pay the three months for my kids, but thats how I am. I have three daughters, maybe thats why, they are 19, 24 and 27.

Later on dude, Ron
  4. I lived in New York for 10 of the 13 years that I played ball. Up there I was a Quarterback and Safety. (I played some RB on jv my freshman year but I do not count that.) I was getting some interest from Syracuse during my sophmore year, but going into my junior year I moved to North Carolina. Down here on the new team they had a two platoon system so I had to pick offense or defense, and with two all conference safetys already set, I chose to play corner (I love defense, I love to hit) and I took the starting role during my first few weeks on the new team during summer camps and two-a-days. I love high school football more than college and pro, but I love the other two equally. I was actually escourted out of the high school game for my old school that I went to two weeks ago, because I was "too much of a distraction" in the stands because I was getting ****ed off at the team lol. (Our RB had 253 yards and 5 tds, but we lost because we gave up 450 through the air. I had a reason to be ****ed lol.)

My original ship date was December 29 of this year, but at the game friday night my recruiter told me that it was pushed back to January 12, so I'm looking optimistically at it, saying that I can hopefully watch some of my Cowboys playoff games. You sure do have a lot of Ink on you haha. I'm not planning on getting anything else until AFTER SOI and all of that, I dont even have the money as it is. At that point im pretty sure I'll want something that has to do with the Corps, but ill have to see. My dad served 8 years and still doesnt have a Marine tattoo. He just got his first one with me a few months ago, of the old school Harley symbol with the red white and blue number one, and "SHOVELHEAD" underneath it. Right now I'm just trying to save enough money to give to my parents to pay my car payments for the 3 months that ill be at P.I so i'm doing nothing but working haha. I'll ttyl
  5. >>>>>Hey Garrett, not a problem, I understand the respect thing. I played the line, started off and defense, guard and tackle. I actually made All PG County, (right outside of DC). You're a running back?

I too lived and breathed football in highschool, it was my life. I still love it, however I love college ball a lot more than pro. I like highschool ball more than pro.

And yes its a brotherhood and you will earn it I'm sure. When do you ship? Sorry if you've posted.....as for the tattoo on my pic, on that arm its a japanese rajin, just a mythical symbol. Actually both arms are sleeved, I have my chest about done and some back work as well. Plus my calfs have work too.

Be careful with your tattoos before you go in man, the Marines have really tightened up the rules, as you know.

Rap atcha later.
  6. Haha Okay Ron. Just a sign of respect before I get to know someone. Thank you. What position did you play back in HS? Football was my life and thats all I miss. Mostly the brotherhood of my team, so I CAN'T WAIT to earn the right to be in your brotherhood. I just dont seem to function right when I'm not in one lol. Whats the sleeve of that you have there? I cannot tell what it is. I want to get another tattoo but I dont know what right now so I guess I'll wait.
  7. Hey dude, plz don't call me sir, I am Ron. I appreciate the respect but you coming back a Marine is all the respect I ask. Ok, so whats up? Nice tattoo. Cute girlfriend. I really like that clip of you playing ball, I too played back in High School.

Take it easy.
  8. How are you sir
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 8 of 8