Conversation Between bcowperthwaite and Marine4531

Conversation Between bcowperthwaite and Marine4531

3 Visitor Messages

1. I can't remember my PMI. Recruit training was a blur as it was. I'm lucky I can still remember I went to Parris Island.

I was a 2531 field radio operator (changed to 2537, 0629, 0699/0691). It was probably the fastest promoting MOS around at the time, and I benefitted from a lot of good leaders looking out for me along the way. Of course, I couldn't have been that good, as I was fired and promoted to 1stSgt.

As far as my implication, you've got it. It's a young man's game and the only ones going AD are young, 1st termers. I'm in recruiting now, and we haven't been able to contract anyone except high-school and community-college aged kids. The PSR's are on a different sheet of music and I don't work with them much, but they have been able to work a couple of deals for people in similar situations. Mind you, sometimes one district can write contracts that others can't, but I haven't heard of any 35 year olds going AD. Best of luck...
  2. One other thing I just thought of. You went in the Corps in 1991? Can you remember who was your PMI? It could have been me. Ha Ha. Sgt. Layton drove a 1993 Yellow 5.0 Mustang Convertible.
  3. Hey Sgt. Maj. you sure have gotten through the ranks pretty quick! What is your MOS? As I checked out the link you provided to someone looking to come back in, it directed them to a reserve enlistment site. Were you implying that reserve was the only way back in? I have contacted the RS in Montgomery AL and have spoke to SSgt. Thornbro and he said I could go back active. I hope he is correct. Good Luck in your service. Thank you for your service as well! OOORRRAAAHHH.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3