Marine Corps - USMC Community - Blog Entries - Blogs
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Looking for 1st ANGLICO Buddy 2nd ROK Brigade 1970 Dien Ban

I've been looking for a Marine Lance Corporal who I served with in Dien Ban support the 2nd ROK Brigade and 51st ARVN BN. We spent 8 months together at the ROK compound in 1970. I was known as Bro Tee and call sign was Motion Picture 12
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Looking for fellow Marines from K3/8 (93-95)

I was in Kilo co. 3/8 from 1993-95. Looking for some old friends.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Going from Reserve to Active, When Should I Get Married?

I just got out of boot camp and am on my liberty. I want to switch from Reserve to Active. What is the process for switching from Reserve to Active? How long does this process usually take? In addition, I'm engaged to be married and was told to marry during these ten days liberty. What are the benefits to doing so? Can I wait until completion of MOS and then do it while waiting to be switched to Active duty?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Missing Fitness Reports

I am trying to return to active duty, but have hit a snag. I am missing two fitness reports from several years ago, and have to get the gaps filled in order to reinlist. The problem is I am no longer in, so I am having a hard time getting in contact with the right people. Like they say hand a Marine a rifle good to go, hand a Marine paperwork stand by.
    Any solid info in this matter would be greatly appreciated, thanks brothers. Semper Fi
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. today corps

today corps has change ,still they do train hard than the rest but not as hard as the 70 when that 1978 we had some rough times now the get base lip during there phases we didn,t see base lip until today before we left pi anyone for 1st 1054 0r 1059 boots 1978 feel free to email this old marine please do love to hear from my old brother marine . yes im the one that got but back because i could swim ,.i had some great with both ,.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Mindoro Island

The attached short story, written for an audience of middle school students, is based on my experiences in the fall of 1977 on Mindoro Island, Philippines.

Please excuse omissions and incomplete or just plain wrong recollections of names and facts, modified by the lapse of time.

I will appreciate corrections with concern taken to redact personal details.

If anyone knows the exact location, please send me a GoogleEarth link.

Respecftully,
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Files
  7. Marine Corps League looking for some more Marines

To all the Marine in the D\FW area your local Marine Corps League is in need of some marines right now who can help us out their is no age limit.I am with the det #731 in Fort Worth,Texas and we meet every fourth tuesday their will not be a meeting because of Toys-For-Tots but we will meet next month i would be happy if we can get a lot of new member for the new year.My email address is{socool371@yahoo.com}if you have any question for me
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. bootcamp yearbook

I was in PI June 83 through September and was looking for the Platoon Book, If anyone knows how I can get one, lost mine years ago in a move.

Thanks
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. Platoon 2011 &2022 MCRD Parris Island 1987-1988

I am looking for anyone who served in Platoon 2011 or 2022 MCRD Parris Island SC.

I arrived at PI on Nov. 4, 1987. In Dec. I broke my leg and spent 5 weeks in MRP. I returned to training with 2022.

I am writing a book about Marine Corps Basic Training. I need help remembering some details.

I also need stories about basic training that anyone would like to share.

I want to make the book go from day to day as much as possible. But I can't remember ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. missing friends

Im Dan Smelko, I was in plt-2059 in 1981. Remember sgt lawson? And sgt stevens. I would like to connect with any old friends. Never forget 10-23-83 beirut. I miss my old friend tom stowe. You can contact me at dansmelko@att.net. Semper Fi.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  11. Mecep tuition assistance

Hey I am a mecep and I heard that the marine corps has a 4500 dollar commissioning bonus that we are eligible for. Has anyone else heard that?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  12. Being a Marine is simple

Being a Marine isnt simple, even in this day and age. My boot camp was at Dago in 1970 and I thought I wasnt coming out alive. That isnt the issue, the issue is there is a job to do. If you are a new recruite or an old Marine there is only one thing that is important, GET THE MISSION DONE. I did 8 plus years during the 70's, saw our men come home from Nam while I was stationed in Hawaii, I watched our POW's such as John Macain come off of the plane after their reliese from captivity, even ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  13. Its good to see you

Since I've been back its been hard to find people that I can relate to most civilians don't have any idea what is really going on. So I say thank you all your picts and comments helpMSGT.BOWERS.RET
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  14. Boston Birthday ball

does anyone know about the 08 birthday ball in Boston?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  15. Desperate to return to MCRD San Diego to finish.

I'll make this as simple as possible!I was dropped three weeks before Graduation.My Senior Drill Instructor sent me to Sick Bay when I commented of left knee pain.I spent two months in MRP,there I had a Bi monthly medical evaluation and refused to give in to their constant requests to be sent home, to call it quits.Eventually I was forced to leave the Depot because of medical reasons that MEPS didn't notice before I arrived at the Depot.Although I disclosed all of my medical history to my Recuiter ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized