Marine Corps - USMC Community - Blog Entries - Blogs
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. looking for a few old timers

Devil Dogs, i need ur help. i'm looking for Marines that was stationed in okinawa,camp schwab, Kilo company. we served under a Capt. Hannigan and he was married to the Commandants daughter. we would always say"u can't hurt us, we're Hannigan trained. i need to verify a few things that happened during a field exercise around oct-nov of 1980. a Navy Corpman was bitten by a habu and died and on another time 2 Comm Marines were electrocuted during a storm. i really need some clarification on these. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. reenlistment with disability

I want to re enlist back into the Marines. The only problem I am concerned about is that I am rated as 20 percent disabled, but with no actual disability diagnosis. I joined in 1995 and got out in 2000 with Honorable discharge and got rated later. I am 33 years old. Does any body know if I stand a chance? Even the local recruiter doesn't rightly know. Thank you and Semper Fi
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Marines as Intellectuals

Someone somewhere once said (I think it was some left coast think tank) that Marines are the "Intellectuals of ground combat," and went on to describe the innovations the Marine Corps have made in the art and science of breaking things and dismantling people to further the political ends of our government.

But the term "intellectual" doesn't jive with the image of a bunch of Marines standing around in a circle after coming out of the field and some Lance Corporal ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. looking for a translation

Where better to get a marine motto translation than from a bunch of salty leathernecks. Trying to find the Scottish Gaelic translation for " Semper Fidelis " and didn't think I would run into such an issue. Anyone have an answer??
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. 2008 Honda CBR600RR with Lojack for $8,500

2008 Honda CBR600RR with LoJack. Brand new, 2,300 miles, always garaged, never been drop or races. Serious buyers only, no joke. I just paid for the registration until September 2010. For $8,500, you will get the motocycle with Lojack, Shoei helmet and an Army jacket which is a pretty good deal. I paid the Lojack itself for $2,000 alone. My wife and I just has a baby so I really need to sell the motocycle to buy a van for our family. Please contact me at (626) 500-9335. Price is negociable.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	3ka3m03leZZZZZZZZZ982f100152316a61c57.jpg‎
Views:	260
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	21599   Click image for larger version

Name:	3nc3m73l6ZZZZZZZZZ9828818e4be552b1b8f.jpg‎
Views:	235
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	21600  
  6. Does this mean i can lat move after a year in my MOS?

(3) Complete Ground Ordnance Intermediate Level Supervisors Course (CID A01GBC1) by Sergeant through Staff Sergeant with 24 months remaining on active duty upon completion of the course.*** In the case of lateral move, must have served a minimum of one year in MOS 2161.*** Prerequisites for USMCR include serving in an active reserve billet in MOS 2161
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Sotry to share "The Old Man"

This story was sent to me at work via e-mail. I just wanted to share with everyone.

I came out of the supermarket that hot sunny day. As I pushed my cart of
    groceries towards my car, I saw an old man with the hood of his car up and a lady sitting inside the car, with the door open. I put my groceries into my car
    and continued to watch from about twenty five feet away.

I saw a young man in his early twenties walking towards the old man. The old gentleman ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Sgt. Major Mike Vaughn

Sgt. Major Mike Vaughn passed away this year. He was a hell of a Marine.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Files
  9. Just got pinned, but....

I just got promoted to Staff Sergeant. However, I have never been promoted on time. PFC was a month, LCpl was 3 months, Cpl was 2 years, Sgt was 7 months, and SSgt was 10 months and 3 days if you want to be a real tight @ss.

Back pay is great, but what about all the crappy working parties.

Off to the uniform shop, then lunch with with my old SgtMaj, wet down tonight.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. MCRD San Diego / Honor Plt 3077 / April 1969

Looking for members of MCRD Honor Plt 3077, San Diego, April 1969,

Cpl Joy was my DI. One of the finest human being Marines I ever knew.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  11. Looking For A Few Good Marines 64-73

Afew Of The Guys That I Had The Honor To Service With Want To Get In Touch With If Any One Know The Where Bout Of Any Of These Guys Please Let Them Know I Am Trying To Get In Touch
    Rusty Griffth -florida
    Robert Minor-new Orlean
    Ernis Banks-wasco,tx
    Kenneth W.boswell-kansas City
    Kenneth W. Scott-west Va.
    Bod Donaldson-new York
    Charles Spann-jackson ,tn
    Camp Lejune,nc
    San Diego,ca
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  12. Looking for old Marines for Pltoon 1084, 1970, MCRD San Diego

Looking old former Marines from the above Boot Camp Platoon.....also former Marines from Co "A" 3rd Recon, Kaneohe Airstation Oahu, Hawaii 74 -77...and Marines from lst FSR, Da Nang Viet Nam 70 - 71....getting old and need to know if any of you are still kicking....SEMPER FI
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  13. Eod

I am looking to renlist and go EOD but i need some information on the MOS. Like what screenings i have to go through, what school is like, basicly anything anyone can tell me.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  14. How many NJP's?

Was trying to figure out how many NJP's Chest Puller said it would take to be a "real Marine". Having a debate with one of my fellow NCO's.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  15. The old timers, salty dogs...

To: The old timers, salty dogs, the golden aged, the warhorses, the bitter, and those giving advice that entered and exited the Marine Corps after 3years, 20 to 40 years ago giving advice to the future of the Marine Corps, that come off retarded or bitter or I am better than you. This will tick someone off, guess what I don't give a damn. These are my opinions.

I have read the "advice" given to poolees and future Marine hopefuls that visit this site. What a waste of time. ...

Updated 07-22-09 at 08:44 PM by MicMarine

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast