Marine Corps - USMC Community - Blog Entries - Blogs
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. While some people take it for granted, i never did.

I was born in Puebla Mexico in a beat up small town with no cars and only dirt roads. I came to the United States when i was about nine years old and have loved it here ever since. I was always fascinated by watching Police Officers arrest bad guys and do whats right. Of course i was the first generation of my family to live here in the united states so my family expceted me to do something productive with my life.
    When i was in highschool it was around when September 11 happened. I started ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. have i got re-enlistment questions for the guys that think they've seen everything.

My local VA office did more for me than the recruter. He said it would take an act of congress to change an re-4 and get back in. i filed for a copy of my dd214 and it had a re-4 on it, (sep code mbk1) and HONORABLY DISCHARGED, I had a bad UA 30 days prior to terminal leave, i did go and complete drug and alchol rehab and started my NJP for 45 days when i got back to my unit.and due to charlie company being deployed i was send to bravo company.for that 45 days, and they extended me 26 days to complete ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. I might be going back were i belong

I found that my local VA office did more for me than the recruter. i filed for a copy of my dd214 and it had a re-4 on it, (sep code mbk1) and HONORABLY DISCHARGED, after getting out i whent into the IRR for 4 years and got my discharge in 2002. while in the IRR i tried to go reserves and was informed that a re-4 was the kiss of death and that they couldn't take me, when i got my request back there was a letter from headquarters stating that my re code was a re-1a and that i was eligable for re-enlistment ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Bay of Pigs

When will the Gov. ever admit what really happened in Cuba? If the Prez had *alls we would have had Castro by his. A declassified memo says the Russians had all the information on the landings. I believe it. To many people died in that three days in April. I remember seeing the Cubans rolling a 500 lb. bomb out the door of a DC3 by hand trying to hit some landing craft. Looked really wierd at the time, but it worked. bay of Pigs is right. It still smells!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Interservice Rivalry

Interservice Rivalry
    © Joseph Petito

As you well know, the four (five really) military services have their own separate and distinct cultures, and tend to, how shall we say, squabble, amongst themselves about allocation of funding, tasking, status, political connections, etc., etc.

One day, a recent civilian appointee at the Pentagon who had dealings with the representatives of the various military branches got fed up with the different jargon, terminology, ...

Updated 05-11-09 at 04:26 AM by jpetito (Modify syntax & language)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Prom????

yet another question about uniforms an special civilian events, i have forgotten
    the special occ where the Dress Blues is allowed, i was recently asked to a prom dance an was requested to wear my Dress Blues uniform to the dance, as much as id love to b the walkin eye candy of the night, would i be allowed to wear it an if so what is allowed to b worn on it???????????
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Needing direction

Looking for any information that doesn't lead me in more circles. Trying to get direct information on how to obtain AWARDS issued in Operation Desert Shield/Storm. How to obtain Orders issued putting me there. I served with WPNS Co.1/7 AUG 1989-July 1991. VA is a brick wall
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. vietnam, dog patch

what was the marine corp base & unit north dog pact by big px?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. Cpl Charles McMahon Jr.,21, Woburn Mass.,Lcpl Darwin Lee Judge, 19, Marshalltown, Iow

Cpl. Charles McMahon Jr.,21, of Woburn, Mass. and LCpl Darwin Lee Judge, 19, of Marshalltown, Iowa were the last 2 Americans killed in Viet Nam.

On April 29, 1975 they were at post #1, Ton So Nhut airfield when their position was hit by rocket fire.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. RESERVE to ACTIVE promotion and B-Billets? HELP

I've been in for about 4 years but, spent most of it as a reservest. I picked up LCPL in 01/03/2006 and currently have the cuttion score for CPL in my MOS. The problem is that I was told I would have to wait 9 months to get promoted because, my time in grade would be reset. Does anyone know if this is true? I know that my Time in grade would be adjusted but, would it be to the extent where I would have to wait 9 months? The promotions in the reserves suck even if a Marine hasn't done anything wrong ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  11. Pestilential Pirates

See this link to a Michael Ramirez cartoon that sums up my thinking about pirates:

http://www.cagle.com/politicalcartoo...ction=GetImage

As you may know, two hundred years ago we had to deal with the same issues (as the Marine Corps Hymn spells out) and put them to rest by all manner of remorseless bits of metal.

Joe.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  12. Uniforms!

Gents,

If anyone is interested in Uniforms! Let me know....just got out this past October....have just about everything for sale!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  13. Former Sh**Bird looking for some advice.

I am a 24 year old former marine. Enlisted and grad from bootcamp 17 april 2004. After SOI went to BSG (basic security guard) school. From there stationed in St. Marrys Ga. with marine corp security force company kings bay Ga. Held a level secret security clearance. During my time at kings bay i was charged with UA. twice and once with underage drinking and every time received an NJP. While on restriction, failure to show up to a check in resulted in a third charge of UA for which i received a court ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  14. What can I say?

I am posting this blog to apologize to Hidezmarine and Son as well as the community for an inappropriate response I gave to his blog he posted while trying to get help for his son to get back into Boot Camp.
    I was deservedly suspended from my account for a couple of weeks and I am back now.
    I have no excuses. I jumped to a conclusion before properly researching the information.

I would Like to let you all know that I do respect every Marine as a brother.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  15. First KIA

On March 21, 2003 LCpl Jose Gutierrez became the first combat casualty of this current war.

He was the first around a corner and didn't get the word that attack order was withdrawn.

LCpl Gutierrez was assigned to the 2ndBn, 1stMarReg, 1stMarDiv, Camp Pendleton. KIA in southern Irag.

Tomorrow March 21, 2009 marks the 6th anniversary of his sacrifice.
    Categories
    Uncategorized