U Can't Hang - Blogs - Marine Corps - USMC Community
View RSS Feed

lloyd holland

U Can't Hang

Rate this Entry
After graduating from boot camp in 1977, i was just like any young green amphibious monster just unleashed from the hells of Parris Island, all i needed was a hip held 50 cal., enough ammo that would not run out, a box of c-rats and a full canteen and i would have taken the world myself, (yeah right) thats what i thought. After comming home for leave i had to look up some of my old high school friends. Karen and Tara two of my homegirls stopped by in their little green VW bug with a few bottles of that good stuff, ( well back in the day it was good) Thunderbird, Richards Wild Irish Rose and Ripple if you know of these name brands then OOH-F-N-RAH. So we roll down to Melrose park, set up an OP under a shed and twist some caps. Now these were hard core girls, they didn't need any cups, just take a swig and pass the bottle, after about 5 or 10 minutes, my vision started getting blurry, my head started spinning, my words slurred, the girls looked at me like, damn whats up homeboy. Now i just left Marine Corps boot camp (3 months worth) where the only alcohol you got was a goggle of listerine just before an inspection, which the DI made you swallow afterwards. So my system was as clean as a M16 ready for an CG inspection. By now my gut is bubbling, fire in the hole, there she blows, all i hear is the girls laughing and running from ground zero. After a couple of minutes of blowing chunks, the girls come back, remember they are my homegirls, one say "look at the big bad Marine, a couple sips of grape juice and he's out". After they help me back to the VW bug, they say "we still luv ya even if U CAN'T HANG, stay Marine and do your thang", handed me what was left in one of the bottles and told me to rinse out my mouth, because you can't roll with us with dragon on your breath, hell, drinking all that rock-gutt, i could have spit fire like a blast from a 155 Howittzer. But they got me back to HQ (home), and that was the last i saw of my girls until 30 years later, one of them asked me if i could hang now, and my reply was "the Marines have landed, bring it on".
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments