Marine Corps - USMC Community - Most Popular - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. Uniforms Aren't Just Uniforms

I recently read an ALMAR about the prohibiting the stopping off base while wearing utilities. Now, for you old timers that isn’t new news. In fact, some remember when you were just barely legal stopping to change a tire while still in utilities. Although, you might want to keep in mind, most of those folks just barely remember what time they need to take their medications.

Wearing your Class “A” uniform has always been a sense of pride for most Marines. It seems there’s just something
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. MOS CE (Combat Support)

I'm Poolee Hunk, and I leave for basic on July 26 in San diego with my MOS designated as combat support (CE). I've been given a general idea of what that is from my recruiter and some other information but nothing too solid. If someone could help me to understand this MOS a little bit more i would be greatfull.

I would definetley appreciate that someone with this MOS give me more intel on it.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Parris Island-1106

I Am Looking For Devil Dogs From Plt 1106 Graduation Class
    Sr Di-ssgt Pitts
    Di-sgt Fisher
    Di-sgt Wagner
    Di-sgt Bagwell
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Members of 2MEF, 2FSSG, H&Sbn, 2nd TSB, Op Iraqi Freedom

I was an Infantry Instructor with a school on Camp Lejeune called Battle Skills Training School (BSTS) from November 2000-Feb 2003 When I was deployed with my school as part of H&S Bn to Camp Fox Kuwait as part of what was then Op Enduring Freedom still. Myself and Cpl. Daniel J Courson from Moultrie GA were attached as Infantry Advisers at the request of Sgt. Major Sosa of 2nd TSB. We were detached from BSTS in Kuwait at Camp Fox on or about March 1 2003 and were assigned to the Security Platoon, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Beginning Of Time

In the beginning was the word, and the word was GOD, and all else was darkness and void and without form. So God created the heaven and earth, he created the sun, the moon, and the stars so that light might pierce the darkness. On the earth God divided the land and the sea, and this he filled with many assorted creatures. The dark salty creatures that inhabited the murkey depths of the oceans, God called sailors and dressed them accordingly, with trousers that looked like bells at the bottom and ...

Updated 09-01-10 at 01:39 PM by lloyd holland (spelling)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. 50 yr. old recruits who never graduated from boot

In June of 1977, 10 days after graduating from high school, i was standing on those yellow foot prints at Parris Island. A buddy and i were suppose to have went in on the buddy plan, but he had a situation pop up (a baby boy). Well i found out what Marine Corps boot camp was all about. After making it through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd phase, i was only a few days from graduation. Platoon 2072 was sitting down to one of its last meals as a unit at 2nd battalion chow hall, when a new platoon stumbled through ...

Updated 09-04-10 at 09:49 AM by lloyd holland (spelling)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Vietnam I Corps Marines 1965-1975

Vietnam I Corps Marines 1965-1975
    Posted Today at 09:40 AM by Gy7ras

I decided that the best place to write about I Corps and my experiences will be on this blog. It gives the members of Leather.com a choice as to whether they want to read it or not!

I Corps in Vietnam for those of us that served there left a deep impression in our minds and that's an understatement! It's with me everyday of my life since I came back ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Vietnam I Corps Marines 1965-1975

Growing up on the south side of Chicago was my whole world as a kid. I came from a poor Mexican American family so going to school and hanging around the neighborhood was pretty much the extent of my life experience.

Marine Corps Boot Camp was my first real experience outside of mommy and daddy's house. When I look back at it now I think to myself, what a way to get started in life. Talk about a rude awakening and culture shock. Nothing like a Marine ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. Reenlistment help...

I have been in the Marine Corps now since 2001. Upon my End of Active Service in 2005 I fell into the Individual Ready Reserves. After months of being lead around in circles I came in contact with a Prior Service recruiter who helped me continue my service (which is no longer in the Marine Corps). I was attached to the IMA DET in 2007. After 3 years in the IMA DET my End of Current Contract is just around the corner (10 DEC 2010). Meanwhile I have been seeking assistance for re-enlistment opportunities ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. Following Orders

Several Congressmen got together one day and decided too award a large grant to one of the armed forces of the U.S. So they called the Joint Chiefs of Staff together and told them they wanted to see what branch of service could follow orders to the T, no matter what. So a test was arranged, they wanted one member of each branch chosen, the best of the best. The next day members from the Air Force, Navy, Army and Marines were all standing tall, no one knew what was about too happen but knew it was ...

Updated 10-29-10 at 02:15 PM by lloyd holland

Categories
    Uncategorized
  11. Remarks of Possible Open Gay Policy???!!!

I would like feedback on how others feel about this possible new policy. I cant even describe how disturbing and ****ed off this makes me i dont hate gays but i hate what they do. and this should not be allowed to be allowed in military. i can only imagine recruit training that one recruit is gay and can be open about it and the other recruits who arent gay...how uncomfortable that would be ina lot of situations which recruit training is composed of. the military and marine corps is getting soft ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  12. FY2011 Staff Sergeant Promotions

Does anyone have access to the FY2011 approved selections to Staff Sergeant? I know the message is coming out soon, but I need to find out sooner because of some career path decisions I have to make.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  13. The Marine Corps Is Getting Soft???!!!

I am here to see what other marines think. Especially the opinion of Marines who have been in a long time and have specifically seen the changes in our Corps over time. I went to boot camp in 2007 and it was easy. I mean when i come home and say that i thought the hardest part of bootcamp was homesickness, i think thats a problem. My cousin who enlisted in 2000 says boot camp sucked was extremely hard and he got ****ed up pretty much. So you can see the difference. In my bootcamp we were the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  14. Are Marines With Less Than Honorable Discharge Your Brother

by , 07-28-10 at 05:00 PM (Are Marines With Less Than Honorable Discharge Your Brother)
    I was told in boot camp every marine is your brother. Semper Fi
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  15. Once a Marine always a Marine...?????

just wanted to say how discusted I am that good Marines good Men are not allowed to serve their country because of their tattoos, There are 1000's of Marines who do drugs and whatever the hell else they can to avoid deployments and get out of being a Marine and those hard chargers who bust their ass for this country get the shaft. I picked up Sgt in 3 years never got in any trouble I got out of the Marines for 2 weeks and tried to re-enlist and was denied I have tried 3 more times since then. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast