Marine Corps - USMC Community - Blog Entries - Blogs
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Any 377 survivors out there?

Looking for any surviving members of San Diego platoon 377 from the 60's.

Know some of you were out when the conflict went hot ... would like to think that you're not all listed on the great wall.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. jarheads

the title it cannot be purchased nor you and no one alive can buy it for any price. It is impossible the rent, and it can't be lent. You alone and our own have earned it with your sweat,blood and lives. you forever own the title united states marine
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Improvised Detection Dog course

Hello fellow Marines. I just had a question concerning the Improvised detection dog course (thus the title of this blog). My question is: "How exactly do you get flagged for the course?" I am an Infantrymen (0311), and during our current cycle, it seems like the higher ups just flagged some random junior marines from HQ for it, and they never really told my company about the course at all.
    When I asked my platoon commander about it, he told me that they had already selected the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Captain Kenneth J Jackson

A great WWII Marine passed away Tuesday, March 10th, 2009. Kenneth J Jackson served as an artillery officer with the 1st Marine Division in the the Pacific from 1942 to 1945 and was involved with numerous campaigns including the Battle of Peleliu and Okinawa.

Semper Fi!

Updated 03-14-09 at 11:23 AM by ericsjostrom (Misspelled Peleliu)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Charities Screwing Veterans

Brother Marines,

I recieved an email from a Marine I have know for years, but like any other email I get that looks like it has been passed on time after time, I do my own research.

Please copy this and email it to every Marine and Veteran you know so that the word will get out. We owe this to one another!!

What I found, Shocked me and I am sure if you do your own research or use the links I post here, you will come to the same conclusion. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Am I totally right feeling this way?

Maybe I'm wrong, but the old saying "Once a Marine, always a Marine" should not be used to describe some who wore the Globe, Eagle and Anchor.
    For instance, I don't think Lee Harvey Oswald should be be in that category because of what he did on that November day in Dallas. And how about John Murtha who called our brave Marines "baby killers" and denounced their actions in Iraq? There are probably many more peole that should rightly be called "EX" marines and not ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Going to Oki...

I am currently attending 3043 school at Camp Johnson, NC. I just got my orders saying that I'm going to 3rd Mar Div in Okinawa, Japan.
    I don't know how I feel about being with the grunts just yet, I guess I'll see how it goes...
    I was wondering if anyone could give me any information on what to expect, whether I go HQ, 3rd, 4th or 12th Reg., 3rd Recon or Combat Assault Btn.
    I chose overseas as my preference, so I'm happy that I'm going to Oki, I just have NO idea what I'll be ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Platoon 1185 1969

I am looking for anyone that graduated from this platoon in December of 1969 and still has your graduation yearbook. Mine went missing many years ago and we are looking for a picture of me in Dress Blues, to my knowledge that is the only place there would be one still surviving, I know this is a long shot but if you don't ask the question you stand no chance of getting an answer.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. Looking for members of D Co., 3rd AAV BN, Twentynine Palms 1981-1984

Looking for Gsgt Anderson, Sgt Little, Ssgt Rangel(Comm. unit) or any one else that was in my unit. Please email any info to kid1964@gmail.com
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. Marine Barracks, Brooklyn Naval Yard 1962-1965

Served in Drum & Bugle Corps during this time. Played every Friday at parade field and the worlds fair. Never had a chance to collect a picture of the Marines in the D&B Corps. Marched on all of the holidays and local parades in Brooklyn and New Jersey. Would appreciate hearing from anyone that remembers those days or can share pictures of the group. Semper Fi
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  11. I'd like some perspective, Preferably from Officers, and Staff NCO's.

I am currently a Lance Corporal serving in the field side of the 5811 MOS. I scored a 74 AFQT on my ASVAB, and I have a 286 PFT. I have a B.A. in Criminal Justice, and expect to obtain my M.S. in General Psychology this August. I am a 23 year old Puerto Rican and black, man who is married with two children. I have completed the application for the Enlisted to Commissioning Program, but have not yet submitted it through my chain of command, so that I can have my local board. I require three waivers ...

Updated 02-22-09 at 05:59 PM by Adedapo1418 (Change Title)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  12. foxtrot 2/1/1 67-68 looking for fellow marines

I am looking for looking for fellow Marines who served in fox 2/1/1 and were stationed in A Shau valley . Still looking to find out who lived and who died , as well as relatives I may contact . Pls help
    george wunderlich
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  13. looking for 2/2 or 3/9 marines 1969-1971

i'm looking to see if anyone out there was with any of the following units' H&S 2/2,E 2/2, or Mike 3/9 either on a blt in the carribean or med cruise or at camp schwab in 1971 anyone out there? hell man it's only been 40 yrs. how about plt 1079 at san diego in nov. 1968? if you were or know anyone who was,get back at me. later on!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  14. Re-enlistment

OK, I'm all new to this "bloging" I was just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to get the scoop on information of getting back in to my beloved Corps. I have 5 dependents, I was a SGT when I got out in '98, I'll be 35 in September.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  15. LOST ALL MY Marine PHOTOS in Hurricane Katrina

I lost all of my Marine memoriabia and photos in Hurricane Katrina. If anyone served with Joe Threat and has photos please contact me. I'm particularly looking for Boot Camp photos Plt 2144 1970; Aco 7th Eng (Viet Nam) 1970 Hill 55 Mine Sweep,1st 8 inch Howitzer Bn, 3/11 1981-1983, 3 Bn/9th Mar 1983-1986, 1st Bn, 1st Desert Storm, 7th Marines 1986-1989
    Categories
    Uncategorized