Marine Corps - USMC Community - When Life Throws You A Curveball.. - Blogs
View RSS Feed

When Life Throws You A Curveball..

I am joining the Marine Corps active duty and finish my degree as well. Focusing on criminal justice and Intel they strike my interest. Then after serving getting my degree I'd like to go back as an Marine Corps officer.

I will work my absolute hardest, I can't wait to earn the title of a Marine. My life has been surrounded by Marines, Navy families, knowing them and watching their lifestyle has put such a peace in my heart. They're one of a kind. From what I have seen, it is a rough life. I also see the hope and faith many instill in each other it motivates me to no end.

It is a personal challenge that I need, but this also proves to myself that if I can join and be a part of the elite that I can do anything life hands me.

Making a change in the world is everything I could ever want, no greater honor than to serve my country.

As for war, it is something that to me is inevitable, we will never have peace because man has a disease, desire. Man will always strive to be better than his brothers and success will never have its ends. Money, greed, fame, world domination, religion, bigger better stronger and faster, we all have our personal battles that we are adamant about. Except we must realise that happiness wont be achieved because our personal definitions will never agree. Our cultures differ, so beliefs, thoughts obviously will too. If we all thought alike, if we agreed on every situation it would be a perfect world but that isn't the reality we live in. We fight our own personal wars each and every day when we tell others our beliefs and what we were taught as young kids that travel on to future generations. We are the future.

I want to make a stand and say I hate war, but if this is what it takes to create a promising future to my country and my children one day then absolutely I will stand forth and make a change. Everything has a reason, although we may never understand.If we want change we have to create it ourselves.

MichelleJoyce has no blog entries to display.