Marine Corps - USMC Community - Goodenough89 - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Goodenough89

1. madness

About 2 weeks ago I was at walmart w/ my son doing a little grocery shopping when I woman comes up to me and says, "HEY!" quite rudely.

I looked at her and said excuse me?? She then proceeded to say, "I know you're a marine by the way you are carrying yourself, who in the hell let you dye your hair that way and what ****ing command are you in?"

At this point I'm astounded by the fact that she would come up to me when I am with my son and chew my ass. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Help

Okay so my friends husband beat the **** out of her, she tried filing for divorce and apparently his command says they can't do that... explain

Updated 11-20-09 at 07:36 AM by Goodenough89 (fixing it)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. more marines in walmart

So last sunday my friend and I were doing some shopping in the old walmart on western blvd and saw cammies from afar. At first I figured they were ROTC until I saw the red patch below the cargo pocket as well as on their covers they were carrying.
    #1 THEY WERE OBVIOUSLY FLEET MARINES.
    #2 redpatchers(embark actually) in walmart.. wtf were they doing in walmart?? There are multiple bases in this town so it was obvious that they could have changed. Also if they just came back from deployment ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Why I joined the Marine Corps

Well, I figured I would just post one of these as well.

When I was 7 years old, my mother and I moved to Oceanside California to live w/ my sister and her husband. My brother-in-law was a Marine. I used to see him go to work and come home every day in his cammies. Also going to a grocery store and seeing someone in cammies looked unbelieveable to me at the time and had made me look at them in awe saying to myself one day I will do that. My senior year of high school, I was ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Response:

D.C. sniper's execution met with grief, bitterness

John Allen Muhammad was pronounced dead at 9:11 p.m. ET Tuesday by Virginia officials.

STORY HIGHLIGHTSJohn Allen Muhammad is executed by the state of Virginia on Tuesday night
    Survivor of one shooting victim said he had no sympathy for Muhammad
    Another said he had forgiven the killer because ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. random

So this is going to be a completely random blog.

First let me break it down to those what types of duties those w/ my MOS have.

1. SDC(Staff Duty)
    2. Barracks Duty
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. motivation

I absolutely love sitting in supply for 26 hours just in case a bird goes down during a 96 when every squadron is shut down.

I love the SSGT telling me that I need to deliver the gear to the SDC when the SQN MGYSGT says, "WE WILL NOT ACCEPT IT! WAIT FOR CONTROL TO OPEN ON FRIDAY." Then to tell the MGYSGT, "OKAY THEN CALL MY SSGT!!!"

I love 26 hours of googling... Even though you can only google about 12 things...

I love being told that ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Marine in Walmart

So living in Jacksonville, NC with three marine corps bases located in this town it's amazing on what things you see out in town.
    A few days ago I was at walmart and saw this man come into the store, completely looking like something out of hot topic or a horror magazine. Now let me inform you that in no way shape or form am I the type of person to look down on hot-topic "shoppers" or people that lok on the grunge side but... this man scared me. The wierd thing was he walked in ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized