Marine Corps - USMC Community - Entries for October 2010 - Blogs
View RSS Feed

lloyd holland

1. Following Orders

Several Congressmen got together one day and decided too award a large grant to one of the armed forces of the U.S. So they called the Joint Chiefs of Staff together and told them they wanted to see what branch of service could follow orders to the T, no matter what. So a test was arranged, they wanted one member of each branch chosen, the best of the best. The next day members from the Air Force, Navy, Army and Marines were all standing tall, no one knew what was about too happen but knew it was ...

Updated 10-29-10 at 02:15 PM by lloyd holland

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Grandma's Nuts

After a hard day of football practice, the grandson stops by his grandma's house to see how she's doing and make sure everything is all right. Granny was sitting in the living room watching her favorite tv show, when grandson sits down and shares some telly time with her, when he notices a can of nuts on the table and he ask granny if he could have a few, sure go right ahead boy, help yourself, After about 15 or 20 minutes of tv and munching on those nuts, they were all gone, he tells granny, am ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. My Old Squadron At Last

It took a long time, but i finally found my long lost squadron from back in the day. VMA(AW)533 attack squadron has moved from MAG-14 Cherry Point NC. to MAG-31 Beaufort SC. and adopted their new name, VMFA(AW)533. From the A6E Intruder, the old sky pig as we use to call it, to the F18 Hornet. When i stumbled across the website of my old squadron i was happier than a virgin on senior prom night. I was in VMA 533 from 1979-1983 and was proud as hell to have been a part of that squadron. Comming from ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Baptism Under Fire

To all who have served in conflicts and wars for this nation, I SALUTE YOU FOR, THOSE WHO HAVE FALLEN I BOW MY HEAD, AND THOSE WHO TRIED AND DID NOT MAKE IT, YOU GAVE IT YOUR BEST. When Marines are called to battle, they don't ask why, they just go, kick a-- and take names. Every inch of soil, every drop of water that has the Stars and Stripes flying over it, it's guarded by U.S. Military personnel and some countries do not appreciate our presence (a--holes). After Vietnam, one or two years later, ...

Updated 10-09-10 at 02:32 PM by lloyd holland

Categories
    Uncategorized