Marine Corps - USMC Community - Comments - Blogs

Blog Comments

Congrats Tinez 88, my comments are only that after 25yrs of separation form the Coprs, I think about the Coprs EVERY single day of my life.

Everyday, everyday, and then everyday. I am so proud even though I have some regrets I am still very proud.
    After two years later i am happy to let you gentleman know that i have been a Corporal since October and I am still a proud motivating Marine. Now, wheres my dang reenlist package at?
    My MOS does not have any re-enlisment bonus and it already has alot of machinist in it. Also i want a job were i will get to go in country and wont be stationed in the same place for 4 years.
    thank you very much Gunny, your comment has inspired me of helping my parents to become legal citizens. After i was doubtfull that i could help them but now i am sure i will not give up on my family. One thing i do lack of is educating my self in all the immigration laws specially in the Marine Corps. Well once again thank you Gunnery Sergeant.
    LCpl. Martinez
    Back in the '70s we had a guy whose parents were illegal immigrants. He was born here so he was able to get in the Corps. He was a good, hardworking Marine and a came when he was selected to train on cryptographic equipment. This meant that he needed a top-secret clearance. He refused to fill out the paperwork. When the Gunny finally broke him down, he told about his parents. A few phone calls, and a couple of weeks later, all was well. His parents were made legal and he got his top-secret clearance.

Another guy was Canadian. He joined the Corps back in 1967 when I went in. It was his fast track to citizenship. Complete a hitch and get your citizenship all in one package.

There are ways of getting around most of the immigration laws if you educate yourself and do the necessary paperwork.

Good luck and welcome little brother
    SF
    Gunny Hardy
    Thank you very much Sir, Sergeant and sailor. I have been staying motivated despite the divorce and the hard child custody battle i am going through for my 11 month year old daughter. I wont lie it has been a tough mountain to climb but im slowly making my way up with a smile on my face. I also recently got a coin from my commanding officer. LTCOL D.C. Chipman. My sgt and i made a sledge hammer for him since he was leaving.
    My point is, he gave my Sgt, and my self a coin and hopefully this coin will be the first of many that i will be getting. =)
    PFC,

Keep up the good work and continue having that decorum that you have right now. regardless if you stay in or not, your positive attitude towards life can take you quite far!

CWO 2 Davenport
    stay motivated, it only leads to better things! A marine who is willing to step up and get the job done and not ***** or complain will do just fine in our beloved corps. So long as you keep your head clean.

semper fi
    PFC Martinez-
    Keep your attitude. It's like cold wind and salt water in the face after having been below decks for weeks on end breathing stale ship air.
    Despite the nay-sayers, keep your focus of thankfulness- you will succeed when the others fold.

Jpetito, E-5, 1975-1979