Marine Corps - USMC Community - Comments - Blogs

Blog Comments

don't expect anything from a recruiter... they are turning away qualified applicants 'cause there's not enough openings right now... you'd be put on the back burner so long you'll be to old to reenlist.

I hope you continue down this self-improvement path, but I afraid that the Marine Corps isn't going to be an option for you anymore.

The Army is doing an increase of 30,000 over the next two years... they'd work with you to get that fixed.
    You can wait 5 years, then you put in with HQMC for a change of discharge. You're gonna need a DD293.

They will then review and go through a process somewhat like a court-martial
    I'm not 100% sure on this, but I believe the ONLY way you can have a discharge "upgraded" or changed to a more positive one, is if there were noted procedural errors in your discharge paperwork/process. Like they cited the wrong UCMJ article or something. Kinda like getting out of a speeding ticket because the cop writes the wrong make of vehicle on the ticket kind of a deal. At least I think so. Go for it though, what's the worst they can do, tell you no?
    I agree with nosbigb. Go speak to a recruiter and explain everything, your entire situation. A good recruiter will do his or her best to get you the most info possible. However in my personal opinion I think your done. A bad conduct discharge is for unbecoming of a Marine, I do not think they will let you back in.

Why do you wanna get back in, and why now?
    I would maybe start at your local recruiting office and go from there.