Marine Corps - USMC Community - Comments - Blogs

Blog Comments

I just have to say, I hope these new recruits are getting the essentials out of their training (mentally, physically, and spiritually) because if their not strong individually and, as a team to fight when they get called up they will suffer the consequences later.
    I went through my boot camp training in early 1967 (At MCRD San Diego). I got to say it was a little rough but I think it took a little that to help me grow and shape up. I didn't get perfect but I got a good start. I think it's true that some things that happened have been horror stories (in those past years) but what can I say?... The Corp has a specific mission and a short time to do it... and, I'm not an expert. Just keep Looking ahead, do your very best and leave proud... with a good experience
    yes yes im afraid i must agree.. i was inspired to join the marine corps because of an army military school i went to when i was younger, and i really really hate to say it but in some aspects it was a bit harder, MayB i was just young and it seemed harder at the time? I dont know? Thats just what id like to think? I went to boot camp in 07 and it was a breeeeeeeeeeze... i actually have to exagerate to friends and family and say how hard it was.. when infact it wasnt...Honestly i dont feel i have earned the tittle like our devil dogs way way before us did
    I agree. I think it's all screwed up this happening to the Marines or any branch for that matter. But from what I heard, the others had already been getting soft. Some young recruits need to have their buts kicked just to grow up and get squared away. Being a real team member and a Marine we should have the same experiences. Respect for the Corp also comes with this experience painted in your memory about your warrior brothers in the Corp. I don't think I could add to what's already been said ... just that it's sad.
    The don't ask don't tell policy is the best way to approach. Sexuallity has no place on the battle field. This is why todate there is a strict policy preventing females from being in combat related MOS's. This is not a knock on the gender. Female Marines compete with males in every aspect of there lives, and repeatadly win. But, the reality of WAR is rape and manipulation. Adding in sexuallity gives one more weakness in a platoon. Also, a hetero sexual male may not make the approriate bond to an openly gay male that is placed on my squad, simply for the fact of consciously trying to not give the person the wrong idea. I am tired of the politicly correct Marine Corps. We are a war fighting machine designed to kill. If that hurts your fellings just go enjoy the freedoms that I denounce to supply them to you... SEMPER FI...
    I joined in 1981 and all I heard from then up until retirement is how the corps is getting softer. I can tell you, as a former DI that boot camp is NOT the problem! Di's have an SOP to follow that hasn't changed much, but the enforcing of the SOP has. What this means to the average NCO out in the fleet is, don't expect a perfect Marine coming out of boot camp or MOS school. Expect a basically trained Marine, that still needs to be taught and trained, If a young Marine fails to show respect its up to a motivated NCO to snatch him up and take corrective action. As a side note, take it for what its worth... the word Marine should always be capitolized!
    political correctness can kiss my southern a... well anyway they need to let us older generation run things at least then when we send in a killing machine we wont have to worry about the enemy saying hey u pansy etc etc then the fine killing machine run away because his feelings got hurt
    I admire you, a "Nick" who openly admits the Corps is getting soft. Well here is my plan warrior and I want all senior Marines on AD to help me out here. Recruit training has gottn soft and MCT is even softer so after these Marines get to me at one of the formal school houses I spend about 4 hours of my 16 hour day sreaming to un*@#^ them. Not only do I blame this on "MOTHERS OF AMERICA" (the parents for not beating them into submission) but the political agenda of the brass to always impress someone instead of doing thier jobs and allowing the NCO's and SNCO's to do thier job to fine tune civilians into fighting warriors who will come home to thier country after they have put in thier time into the fight. What us as leaders and the young Marines coming in today need to do is keep the fleet hard and forewarn our new Marines upon check in that thier asses now belong to the Corps and we will do what ever necessary to speed them up on the way things are really done, hell at this point we may as well send these young men and women to recruit training to learn drill a little knowledge and then send them straight to the fleet for the instant obedieence to orders ass chewing they deserve and shape them into the warriors they joined the Corps to be. These Marines want to get screamed at they want the pain and they are disappointed when it does not happen they tell me this EVERYDAY! We were all there; we are all like dogs - the harder you kick them the more they come back for it!! We owe it to the Corps to keep our ranks hard!! We owe it to these future Devil Dogs!!!!!!! And we owe it to the safety of our nation!
    my daughter pointed out to me that people in the military should not worry about a gay person hitting on them esp. if they are in a war time situation. she says knowing how the military feels about gays esp males gays the fact that they joined anyway to defend OUR country from scum like obama should tell you alot about there love of country and the fact that they chose the marine corp shows there love of the corp she also says....well never mind what she says what I say is this man up suck it up dont ask dont tell has worked fine i just dont think you should be kicked out 4 being gay that aint cool.
    JIMMIE USMC
    i feel your pain brother i hope and pray my beloved corp does not turn into a bunch of lazy good for nothings when i went thru boot i heard puke and the f word so much when i finally EARNED the title u s marine i thought my name was puke maggot mf.... my corp did not care about hurting someones feelings if being called a name hurt your delicate sensibilities you did not need to be there you should get off the island you have to be tougher than the average person because the marines are the 1st in the last out and if getting called a dip sh#t makes you cry go join the army or something
    JIMMIE, USMC
    First, don't let them in as it will undermine the authority of the Marine Corps and possibly damage moral in the unit; specifically, friendly-fire may occur in the line of duty. I feel the "policy... Don't ask, don't tell" should remain as such. Doesn't matter if there a carpet licker, butt-pirate, or turd-burglar we need to main focused on mission of the Marine Corps, "...Kill them all (enemies) and let God sort them out!" Semper FI
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345