Marine Corps - USMC Community - Comments - Blogs

Blog Comments

I think it is ridiculous that as Marines we have to be weary of harming our careers by not hurting other Marines feelings. It is to the point that we hide behind vehicles and buildings just to make Marines do pushups, even if we, the NCO's, are doing the pushups with them. I am at about 6.5 years in the Corps now and just in the past few years I've seen the Corps take a turn for the worst. Marines come out of boot camp and MCT acting like NCO's owe them something and approach me, a SGT, as if we are drinking buddies. It is very sad that our government and Marine Corps leadership still wants to claim that we are the best fighting force that the US has to offer, but they emasculate us at every chance they can get. Now with the repeal of the "Don't ask, dont tell" policy, we can now enjoy the fear of being made an example of if we even make a single gay joke. On my last deployment I found myself on Rodriguez Range in South Korea, which is an Army installation. I found that those Army dogs were much more respectful of their NCO's and were punished openly without fear of reprimand or NJP. It is to the point that I am actually embarrassed when I hear junior Marines insult other branches of the military when I don't believe that they have earned the right. I believe I am stronger mentally and physically partly due to the "hazing" I received during my time as a junior Marine. That's what the Marine Corps is supposed to be. I hope this is all just temporary due to serving during war time, as I used to suspect, but who can really say....
    Updated 02-15-11 at 04:33 PM by VarelaMJ
    First things first ERRRRRR!

There should be no open gays in the military here are some wonderful reasons why.

1) Pink digital CAMMIES
    2) Rindstone kits for M4s
    3) "FLAMMERS" not regular gays! they are like ROBIN WILLIAMS BIRDCAGE GAY! will be singled out and beatin!
    4) Seriously if the gays can be in the grunts, why not the Females too then? this arguement will come up and every wookie monster will come flying out of left feild...and its not intimidating to me to be led by a female. flirting and doing stupid **** in front of females is. also Chivalry is not dead two bodies lay on the battlefeild one female and one male...which one is every guy gonna run too...the female DUH! "can i be your hero baby?"
    4) sharing living quarters and heads. well i quess we need to go unisexual with our locker rooms and barracks, cause if PFC. Fannybandit can stare at me naked i should be able to see the female's cash and Prizes and vice versa.
    5) how acomidating will we have to be to the gays? how many MARADMINS and **** will come out for their benifit. and how many "gay" lilttle Glee clubs for gay Marines will i have to tip toe around and shake my head at.

well i dont wanna seem to unfair i support being what ever you want to be. when the gays wanted to get Married i was like sure you can be misserable like the rest of the Married couples all over the US!

So if you wanna be a Gay in the military. Be Miserable like the rest of us lol. No seriously keep it to your self though.

Semper!
    One Question, where do your morals lie, God is the one who ultimately judges and He has said it is an abomination and I must agree, you are either with God or against Him, so I'm not judging, but a word to the wise, it is never wise to go against God!
    i agree the Corps has its problems,but a person is a person regardless of their sexual preferences,as long as they can do their job and hold their own,let them be.I survived boot with others that choose their own sexual orientation over the other,but i stood my ground,and told them straight up,how i felt about it and didn't want any part of it, and everything was cool. so i guess my advice here is let it go,you can't stop it so why try,just make your position known and call it that.
    2001 MCRD in San Diego. The hardest/best tim of my enite Marine Corps life
    I hear that! I almost had a private conversation in the Whiskey Locker with my Heavy. I changed my tune real quick, & by graduation time, I was dying to just see his ass on the street so I could finally push back! I respect those Marines though.

"PUSH RIGHT NOW! BULL SH!T. - LOUDER!"
    I am still thanking GOD for puting the dis here,and why my mom never had any children that live,and they had 12 weeks to un**** what our parents try to for 16years,and we were goin to die in vietnam,these are some of things were said everyday,i seen them beat the **** out of atleast 4 recruits.and they would make others cry like babies,get caught in the hatch way after ****/shower/shave as half of the sqadbay count down,you go to toilet take apiece of crap wipe across lower lip leave it there all day, they had no problem square off with anyone bare knuckle,stand at atation for hours,they be on latters out side looking in the windows.catch you looking around they beat the crap out of you,sometimes you never see them again,and than 3miles run morning/3miles at nite/and pt all day or port arms force march half day.than there motavation camp.that another story,i dont know if its change cause ant been there,remember being the best and meanest at everthing, cause i wanted to come back and beat the crap out of the DIs,never did ,if you were a wantabe they eat you up,
    1966 i went to boot camp MCRD, It was hard .Mean and Green.
    Brothers,I went in Oct 65 and from the minute I stepped on those yellow footprints I said to self Oh my God what have I got myself into.It was hard,but I was physically fit,only 18 at the time.Sure we were cursed at,once in a while a punch here and there,a swag across the hand for not holding your rifle correct,and if you really screwed up you might get a DI's hand on your Adams Apple and squeeze a little till you almost pass out.What I'm hearing now doesn't sound like my Corp.Ignacio
    In my experience, training at Boot Camp is not the "end all be all" of preparing Marines to serve. Yes, it is the gateway to the Corps, and yes, it should weed out those who belong from those who don't. It should test your mind and your spirit. However, the physical aspect is of lesser importance to me. You'll be challenged physically at ITB (or MCT for you non-infantry types), and challenged even more so when you get to your unit. Your team leaders and NCO's will make darn sure you meet the physical requirements, as well as making sure you are technically and tactically proficient enough to cover the man to the left and right. To me, that's the way it should be. Boot Camp shouldn't be difficult compared to the more strenuous requirements of training and serving in a unit deploying to combat. Personally, instead of raising a stink about the training boots receive, I think more attention should be payed to units going through pre-deployment training. Those Marines are the ones that need to receive all the extra attention, time, money, and equipment we can spare.
    Don't know about boot camp at Paris Island these day's-Haven't talked to anyone about anything been done any different from 1963 when I was there, the values/ combat readiness and tactics were set extremely high in 63, I also was called the P's, M's, M-F's and of course called ladies. Had no nonsense Drill Instructors- all (3) were very strict-Cpl E.E. Giles,Sgt. James Willsey and Sgt. J. D. Gardner, didn't care for them back then, I'm a better man for being in their boot camp. If boot camp is getting soft there is one problem I hope they help the recruit and that is issue something for the gnats at Paris Island, how many remember that problem.--- Cpl. James A Bevis
    Went into recruit training in July 1958. Retired April 1978.

Marines are still the best trained and finest military outfit in the world.

In my opinion, it's the supervision after recruit training that is the problem, but I believe that it is not a Corps wide problem. It's rare.

SEMPER FI
    Bull****! my son spent almost five months at MCRD San Diego just to be sent home with a medical.Don't tell me the Marine Corps in not concerned with keeping a steady flow of fresh bodies.I can assure you,my son did not withhold any medical information.I know ,I was there.His recruiter just failed\refused to listen.When my son stopped by his recruiters office after returning home to confront the dip****, he just played stupid which by the way came very natural and put the blame on my son.So don't feed me your frigg'in line of inaccurate swill.
    Bull****! my son spent almost five months at MCRD San Diego just to be sent home with a medical.Don't tell me the Marine Corps in not concerned with keeping a steady flow of fresh bodies.I can assure you,my son did not withhold any medical information.I know ,I was there.His recruiter just failed\refused to listen.When my son stopped by his recruiters office after returning home to confront the dip****, he just played stupid which by the way came very natural and put the blame on my son.So don't feed me your friggin line of inacurate swill.
    I am a Career Recruiter and have been on this duty for almost 9 years. Recruiting has NOT lowered any standards. I turn away people everyday.
    Im two years out of Boot Camp and I ll be the first to admit that it wasnt all that it was cracked up to be. I went in a little over weight but still was able to excel in every physical aspect of training. PT isnt the problem. The problem is that recruiting has lowered its standards to allow for more **** bags to join. Numbers count in the Corps. Mentally, the training is exhausting... however I expected more out of it. Just because DI's are not allowed to " touch " other recruits dosent mean that it dosent happen. I ll be the first to admit that i had an M-16 smacked into my head while marching right shoulder arms for not having tight elbows. Another recruit was kicked in the chest for not getting online on time. Pain retains discipline.. and Boot Camp has made me a full believer in that. Regardless if the Corps has gone soft on its recruit, everyday that I wake up I thank God that I have been awarded the oppurtunity to become a Marine. Semper Fi Marines
    Alpha 4 south, I know what you mean. I wasn't in any front line combat tho. I've seen a program on TV "Making Marines", and it just seems to me that it has gotten a little softer and a little more tame. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to take anything away from anybody but the new "crucible" or whatever it's called does seem a little rough at times.. All I know is that when we made a little foul-up it was a group punishment, and a personal foul-up, well, I spent my fair share of time in the DI duty hut doing 70 push-up when I could really only do 25 or hanging by your elbows from a wall locker for 20 minutes, or doing a large number of squat jumps. And then there's duck walking up a hill with your loaded sea bag. O well. You all still doing one hell of a job, so stick with it. Once, always, right? If I'd gotten a quater for every time I got knocked on my ass by the DI I could have retired. Bye the way, I did MCRD, San Diego, 1960. I think they quit physical punishment in "62. I'm 67 now but it sure seems like yesterday. Semper Fi
    Not sure what boot camp is like now, but I did two tours in RVN in front line combat units and I would much rather have gone through a third tour in RVN than to have gone to boot camp again - if that tells you anything. By the way, I went to MCRD in Jan. 1964
    This Blog should stop here on who had it the Roughest, as we all did and will do hear in the future. My reply was stricktly. Due to the Different groups of young men and women, the Generations in some ways mold our military.and the Marines do not have to fight with sticks and rocks. as you can see in my pics what we trained with. emagine that! and learn to use them Profeciently. as Technoloy has changed so much that . we can reach out farther to our foes. Good luck All. E-4B
    I can still remember my boot camp experience like it was yesterday,it was tough mentally and physically.I know the training is updated for the times,I hope its just as tough for the recruits,thats the only way to keep the Corps.the Best.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast